Away Shuffle Dungeon

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by GeekyGuy, Oct 26, 2008.

Oct 26, 2008

Away Shuffle Dungeon by GeekyGuy at 3:15 PM (1,536 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I know this game probably isn't the highest-profile title out there, but there are a few of us who have been really looking forward to it. I was very disappointed to read the news that the U.S. version had been delayed. However...

GoNintendo reports that they personally were able to purchase their copy yesterday: http://gonintendo.com/?p=60758

So, perhaps we'll see it dumped sooner than we thought. [​IMG]

2. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    That's...strange. I wonder what's with the conflicting reports? But at least someone being able to purchase a copy (provided they're not lying bastards) is a pretty good sign of one of those being true. =P

3. GeekyGuy
    OP

United States
    Well, perhaps the publisher shipped it and requested that stores hold off on actually selling it until a specified date. Of course, EB and Gamestop employees have been known to flub stuff like that up.

4. Doomsday Forte

United States
    Ah yes, often to the benefit of all of us. Hooray for street-date-breakers!

5. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    lol well someones lying.
    maybe its cause they didnt wanna compete with castlevania and spidey in the same week, if thats the case its a weak excuse

6. Doomsday Forte

United States
    That doesn't make sense to me. Sure other big-name games are going to be out too, but it's not like Away is going to be on sale for just one week. I know about the whole "sell on release or fall into obscurity" thing but gamers nowadays actually track when games are being released. I mean honestly, you go into the store most of the times with the intent of buying a specific game. If you're going to rely on impulse buys, then you're already doomed to failure.

7. GeekyGuy
    OP

United States
    Hmm...I wouldn't underestimate the power of the impulse buy; Walmart was founded on it.

But my best guess is, if there was an official delay, it probably had more to do with trying to get the game out there closer to the big shopping days here in the U.S. than competing with other games. `Cause either way, it's going to be competing plenty. This might be the biggest year in game releases yet, and that's just insane, considering last year.

8. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    This was one of those games I wanted to try as well,also still waiting on news about Master of the Monster Lair.....

9. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    That's really good news if it turns out to be true. I really want to try this one out in English. Looks like a lot of fun.

10. InuYasha

United States
    It is a bit strange to be delayed right at/around the shipping date,somebody screwed up somewhere......

Since it's upon us now I gave it a try it's alittle weird dungeon wise but seems not bad so far.....

11. Xylez

Newcomer Xylez Advanced Member

Netherlands
    If you like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Zelda: PH
    get this game, cuz its just as mixture of those games
    it's great for people who like to do some puzzle's in dungeons and sometimes beat a boss in the end
    this game is even bether then i think it woud be

12. InuYasha

United States
    Well it is kind of funny/annoying when you get stuck on one screen when it flips......

13. InuYasha

United States
    Ok this may seem silly but how the heck do you unequip weapons/armour without buying new stuff and equiping it?