Avoid ordering from China!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aiat_gamer, Sep 30, 2013.

1. aiat_gamer
    OP

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    You all have read tales of long postage times for ordering from China lately, and for some reason it has been an ongoing problems for all of us. I have experienced this first hand now: After paying 25 euros for the so called 3-5 day shipping, 14 days has passed and I still have not received my package...I would like to also mention that the website I bought my DSTwo from was supposed to be located in Europe, that was the only reason I ordered from them only to find out my package has been dispatched from China :glare:
    I think considering there are enough non-Chinese sellers, everyone should order within their own continent. Unless you don't mind waiting for over a month to receive your order that is.

The_Wherebare likes this.
  2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    what site did you order from?

3. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    14 days.....you should expect to wait 3-4 weeks for your goods from China.

DinohScene likes this.
  4. aiat_gamer
    OP

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    Well I did choose the postage option for 3-5 days...this was supposed to be the express! It cost almost as much as the card itself.

Some German site, Bestekauf or something.

5. robo989

robo989 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2010
    United States
    If you paid through PayPal, that's grounds for a claim. - No question, same for a credit card, but not a debit card.

You paid for a service you haven't received, also, it's been shipped from somewhere other than where it stated it was shipped from, so that's a 100% success claim on it's own.

When the item turns up and you've received you refund, just keep it. If asked to return for a refund, then just send back an empty packet.

6. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Checked out Bestekauf. The express option says "usually (typically) delivered within 3-5 days", emphasis being on "usually". Where do you live? Your location says "Iran" but Bestekauf doesn't have the express delivery option to Iran.

7. aiat_gamer
    OP

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    Currently I am in Finland, hence the reason I thought ordering from Germany would speed thing up!

8. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    I see.
    Does the site have order tracking, does it show the shipment status? And express delivery should have package tracking, can you find out where your package is at the moment?

Contact Bestekauf, tell them about the problem.

9. aiat_gamer
    OP

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    The last thing I can see is that the package has left the sorting center. I was planning on waiting until the evening before contacting them but alas, I cant do anything, neither can they...I really hope this is the last time I have to deal with sites like this.

10. skarthebloodchild

skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Jan 13, 2004
    Greece
    Greece
    10-20 days from Hong Kong to Greece ...

11. Bonny

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    There are a few sites with german names, somtimes even with .de-Endings and they all ship from China.
    Bestekauf.com (Ships from China)
    Gamemaniaz.com (Ships from China)
    Elespiel.com (Ships from China)
    Spitzekarte.com (Ships from China)
    Prima-Module.com (Ships from China)
    Spielite.de (Ships from China)

Normal Airmail from China can take up to 6 weeks in the worst case. I once waited so long for a playasia.com parcel. How much did you pay for the 3-5 day shipping? Was the processor EMS?

12. aiat_gamer
    OP

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    Yea it was, as mentioned I payed 25 euros.

13. Bonny

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    Uh, sorry. I have to read more carefully.

Well, for 25 Euro via EMS... 14 days are much too long.

14. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    I’m constantly being told about battery problem by the seller. HK post checks (with x-ray) all the packages and that’s why my order is not yet even tracking. It was posted on 11 of September from 0shippingzone.com. I think it’s the case with your order too. The last paragraph is about the “battery problem”: http://www.hongkongpost.hk/eng/misc/problemAddress/index.htm. You can read about it on other forums too but they at least have their packages tracking. Exempli gratia: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/24673

15. jqrn

jqrn GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2011

I bought mine from bestkauf. I Got my gateway 5 days later. I live in de mark though. Nothing wrong with bestkauf. Might be you Being unlucky.

16. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    that is why i always pay the cheapest, tracked delivery option. cheapest because it arrives nearly at the same time with the most expensive, tracked because they can just get lost. welcome to the great world of China, Hong Kong shipping.

17. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Shipping from China always takes a long time and always look for the working if it says something like, "usually" or "normally" it's fine print for it could take that long or not. It's always best when ordering from China to just take the standard shipping, it may take a bit longer, but at least you don't pay extra.

18. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    thats not always true. last month i bought a e3 flasher form aliexpress. i paid $39 for the e3 flasher and $22.11 for dhl shipping. it was sent on 2013.08.22 and i got it on the 2013.08.27 5 days later. well worth paying more than half what i paid for the flasher(real flasher not fake)

I chose DHL because it was 2 dollers cheaper and 10 days faster than EMS

it just depends on what shipping you chose

19. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Basically depends on what you need, how much you can afford, and whether or not you want it now.

20. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Never takes me more than 3 weeks. Ordering from China is just fine, as long as it's not memory cards.