Avalon Code US trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Feb 19, 2009.

Feb 19, 2009

Avalon Code US trailer by granville at 5:01 PM (1,119 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I've made no attempt to hide my excitement for this game. Why should I? It's a stunning action RPG made by Matrix for the DS. It also happens to have some of the better uses of the touch screen I've ever seen. Now a new trailer has been released:

Xseed is handling the localization process of the game. It's set to release on March 3rd. Prepare to hit plenty of people with books and enjoy what I expect to be an excellent entry for the DS.

2. Dark_linis

Member Dark_linis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wow, that looks fun.

Im starting to feel swamped with all the school work and new games coming out T_T

3. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    i love the march rush. im buying a new battery just for the rush

4. granville
    OP

United States
    Hehe, so I'm not alone in liking this? I tried out the Japanese version and loved what little I played of it. You can literally scan almost EVERYTHING in the game and edit its strengths using a puzzle grid on the touch screen. Probably one of the finest uses of the touch screen I've seen and oh so addictive. [​IMG]

5. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    youre like all orgasmic over this
    its a good game

6. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I saw one of the official reviews and it was pretty low, so I dunno what to think of it. I can't watch the video right now cause the school's computer won't load flash, but I'll check it out when I get home. However, I'm a big supporter of XSEED and

7. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Mmm... it looks nice but nothing special... Well, maybe because I've been playing ASH lately and I find those graphics a bit outdated >.< though yeah, the game seems nice... it reminds me a bit of Soma Bringer, I hope it won't get that boring at the end (like Soma Bringer which was too repetitive).

That part with the keyblade seemed like a spin-off of kingdom hearts.. sorry but I had to say it...

8. granville
    OP

United States
    What keyblade? That was a sword if you meant that flame like weapon he pulls out.

9. Morgawr

Italy
    At second 0:20 or around that.. that seems a key to me D: but I may be wrong

10. granville
    OP

United States
    No, that was a flaming sword. It doesn't really look like a keyblade at all much. If they tried to steal from Square Enix, they be up to their asses in law suits.

Oh and in regards to the graphics, this game uses real 3D, whereas most of ASH uses prerendered sprites/movies. Of course ASH is going to use better since it's not true 3D. This game is gorgeous for what it is.

11. Morgawr

Italy
    I know, I know... I didn't want to bash this game, since I'll be looking forward to playing it... I was just stating my impressions of that video (not of the game itself) [​IMG] and yeah, I know of the pre-rendered images in ASH, though they are cool XD

12. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Wow, that looked really good! For some reason it kinda reminded me of .hack... which I love. I don't really get how the book is involved in this game, but it LOOKS like a pretty good action RPG, a genre which I enjoy very much. I'll definitely be giving this a go.