Autorunning Moonshell2 on Ak2i suggestion

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by CannonFoddr, Dec 23, 2009.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No (Explain Why)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CannonFoddr
    OP

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Ok - bit of a suggestion that's came about after reading This Thread about using Moonshell as the 'default firmware & AKAIO as Sub-OS' and This thread to get Moonshell 2 to be able to run commercial ROMS on a acekard.

Anyone with a AK2i knows that the tip to get moonshell2 to be the 'default firmware' (by changing the name to 'akmenu4.nds') WILL NOT WORK -
    they get the message 'System Files missing'.

One way around this is to get AKAIO to 'autorun' Moonshell2 as soon as it loads - & by using the AKAIO loader you can get Moonshell2 to run commercial games (as long as MS2 is version 2.06 or below that is - anything higher & it blocks it)

My suggestion is this - if it was possible, could a special 'akmenu4.nds' be made that fools the AK2i into thinking that the system files exist & then loads in 'moonshl2.nds' straight away WITHOUT having to load in AKAIO first.
    So instead of
    This way you'll boot into moonshell & use MS for playing music/video/game etc, & if you select 'boot to firmware' from within MS - it'll boot into AKAIO so you can then use cheats/backup sav etc & because 'autorun' would be switched off in AKAIO then you'll won't need to hold down the button

I know it's only take a few seconds for the AKAIO autorun to work - but there's been many a time I've forgotten to press to bypass this when I've 'boot to firmware'

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice