Question AutoRCM Breaks DOOM

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by NoNAND, Sep 2, 2018.

1. NoNAND
    OP

NoNAND No NAND allowed here!

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    The Void
    Hi folks
    I installed a nsp version of doom while i had autorc(hekate) emabled
    The game would play fine for a few minutes but the sound would either go off in game or switch to mono. When pausing the game the in the menus the speakers made a poppinh sound and audio contiuned playing normally again
    Tried both rajxn and tje bricmio rcm and hekate fspatches cfw mod with its own aoutorcm
    Still had the same issues
    Another game breaking problem was that the game froze each time i lost and selected the return to last checkpoint after 5 minutes giving me an error saying joycons detached from the console
    Another issuw was that when playing doom the and switching to play another game the switch would freeze
    The issues were resolved upon disabling autorcm
    Anyonw can explain why this happens

2. jjbredesen

jjbredesen Yes I am not dead.

GBAtemp Patron
    jjbredesen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 16, 2018
    Korea, North
    Hyrule
    That is very weird, I do not see how a corrupt BCT would cause the issues mentioned above. Doom has had audio issues in the past, are you using the latest update? and have you tried enabling autorcm again after it got fixed?

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    What happens if you re-enable AutoRCM while keeping everything else the same?

4. NoNAND
    OP

NoNAND No NAND allowed here!

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    The Void
    I do not have the latest update but everything works fine wirhout autorcm enabled

5. shedeus

shedeus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    United States
    I can confirm Doom v1.0.0 nsp is buggy (4.0 hekate, no auto RCM). Sound issues occasionally, and occasional freeze/crash to home menu. The game is still totally playable, just super annoying when it happens.

6. Ericthegreat
    This message by Ericthegreat has been removed from public view by Joe88, Sep 2, 2018, Reason: Please don't offter to distrubute warez through PM's.
    Sep 2, 2018
  7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I'm asking what happens if, now that you have it working, you install AutoRCM. It is unlikely that AutoRCM is the culprit. It sounds like the NSP is buggy, and you incorrectly attributed AutoRCM to the glitches when uninstalling it seemed to correlate with it being less buggy.

8. Wierd_w

Wierd_w GBAtemp Fan

May 12, 2018
    United States
    I have played doom for hours with autorcm enabled. I have not encountered any such issue. I have the game update installed.

Last edited by Joe88, Sep 2, 2018
  9. Int3

Int3 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2013
    Canada
    Install the latest game update and see if your issues resolve :)

10. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    What color socks were you wearing when you were having problems with Doom?

11. roamin

roamin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2006
    Australia
    How did you relate autorcm to a buggy game that has updates to fix bugs?

How is it possible?

12. Beware

Beware GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    In case it wasn't clear, AutoRCM couldn't have less to do with Doom working or not. Disable fs_mitm (layeredfs) and make sure you have the update to get Doom to function.

13. urdaddy

urdaddy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    United States
    Doom XCI, updated, not a single hitch. Auto rcm turned on.