OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey all.
So I've typed a French paragraph, but I'm TERRIBLE with accents.
Does anyone know a website or something where I can just paste my paragraph and it would add the necessary accents?
Thanks.

shyam513

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry, I don't think that's possible - because accents have to do with the way words are pronounced, it would be almost impossible for a site to realise where the accent was necessary. I think, however, if you set ms word with it's filter to French (France), and you miss out an accent, the misspelling line would show you you'd missed the accent. Hope this helps

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using Google Translate to translate from French to English and back.

I know it's not going to give you a perfect paragraph, but maybe it'll give you an idea on where to add accents.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Words written with the same letters can have different meaning depending on the accent used or no accent at all. (that's why it's now even advised to put accent on upper cased word, when it was forbidden few years ago)
a robot couldn't know what meaning you need unless it also understand the sentence and the paragraph main subject.

if it's not too long, I could try to help you with your text.

Evariste Galois

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: cearp

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You signed up and bumped a three year old thread on a somewhat offbeat topic for that... did this thread come up high on a search or something?

As for accents they really seemed to trouble my peers when learning French (English has none worth speaking of), the way they made the most sense to me was just to learn to spell the words that way rather than try to remember an accent.

Reactions: EMP Knightmare

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank You :D