Hacking Auto rcm. Just so you know

lonestarrisk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch ofw 4.0 sx os 2.5 .I had a problem with my switch draining the battery after powering off with the long press of the power button. Disabled auto rcm and the problem is gone completely. Switch stayed fully charged while powered off. Why does that happen? It's a big pain in the ass and could ruin the battery.

Masamune3210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its because when you turn off the switch, it goes back into rcm mode. The only way to completely turn off the switch when autorcm is enabled is to turn it off with a payload like hekate

Godofcheese

Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
When you turn off your switch with AutoRCM enabled the only ways to turn it off completely is with
1. Using Hekate's Shutdown feature
2. When "Turned off" it will boot into RCM again, hold your power button for 5-10 sec and it should turn off completely.

Option one 1 is the best way and it's the method I'm using with my Atmosphere-NS payload device.

Reactions: sorabora

Godofcheese

Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Constantly charging a battery is not really a good thing tbh
The switch does have overcharging protection but with RCM enabled it will drain... charge up... drain some more and then charge again.
Constantly topping it off.
But Hey, i'm not an electrician but it doesn't sound that healthy :)

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Constantly charging a battery is not really a good thing tbh
The switch does have overcharging protection but with RCM enabled it will drain... charge up... drain some more and then charge again.
Constantly topping it off.
But Hey, i'm not an electrician but it doesn't sound that healthy :)

It won't damage the battery if kept docked in sleep mode. Wear will be negligible. I kept mine docked and in sleep mode untouched for 3-5 months in 2018. My experience is *mostly* the same since day 1.

lonestarrisk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the long press to power off, 10-12 second hold of the power button.

I also tried using the power off option from the sx os and the cfw home screen both followed by a long press of the power button.

I must have goofed up the steps because it drained fast each time. 10% per hour.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You must be new here.

Edit: my comment seems like a troll comment since I weren't helping at all. Sorry.

Anyway, I could suggest not turning your switch off and just stick with sleep mode like what we do with our mobile phones. I once had my switch unused and in sleep mode for 2 days and iirc it only drained around 12%

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Last edited by annson24,
Reactions: lonestarrisk

lonestarrisk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a full power off option in the sx os cfw ? I haven't used the other stuff like reinx or atmosphere. I got the sx pro. Lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm definitely new. I've "hacked" a few consoles. Original Xbox, wii, nds, 3ds, and now the switch. It's all been just a matter of following directions.... and being humble enough to ask for help after messing up.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is there a full power off option in the sx os cfw ? I haven't used the other stuff like reinx or atmosphere. I got the sx pro. Lol.
One thing I could think of is to chainload hekate from sx os' bootloader, and shut down from there.

lonestarrisk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I could think of is to chainload hekate from sx os' bootloader, and shut down from there.

I can certainly get that bin and do that. Kind of weird to shut down and reboot so that I can shut down. Lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't mind getting trolled .

Tobberoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it's not possible to fully power off a switch from horizon with autoRCM enabled. Any option which shuts down Horizon is going to boot up autoRCM. The only option is to hold the button for ~10 seconds WHILE it's in RCM, or to inject hekate and power it down that way.

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue as this person with sx os shut down feature in settings it will turn off with the payload but the it self back on I just stopped using sx os and use hekate haven't had an issue since

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:(

Just keep your payload dongle plugged in at shutdown. You will see it push its payload. If you have autohospoweroff set, or an autoboot option, it will then send the correct i2c command to MAX77620 and turn off.

Or it will take you back to the Hekate menu. However, try to launch your firmware, your console will completely power off.

Or fit a (sounding link a broken record) modchip.

Reactions: andyhappypants

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just put mine in sleep mode with auto rcm installed and then dock it. Stays at 100%.
yeahh, sleep mode is not a problem, only power off while using AutoRCM without having a payload to manage the power off request.

like mattytrog said, you need to insert your dongle when you power off in order let the payload do the proper shutdown of the console. at least, if the payload you are using is compatible with real power off commands, like Hekate. I don't know about SX OS, or other paylods.

One thing which has never been said here : if you plug your console into the dock AFTER shutdown, it will silently boot the console, and you'll be back to RCM!
So, do not plug any powered USB device after a full shutdown or it'll power ON and get stuck in RCM with battery drainage.

If you want to put your console to charge while being OFF, you need to plug it into the dock (or charge cable) before doing the payload's proper shutdown. This way, it will stay off but still charge.
I didn't test charging in the dock before real shutdown as I need to put my payload on USB, but it's what I've read. internal modchip might be easier to do both payload inject and charge in power off state.
Another way is to not use the "Auto HOS shutdown" feature to auto-shutdown at hekate launch, once in hekate unplug your USB and plug the console in the dock and then choose shutdown option with Vol/power button.

Last edited by Cyan,

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
:(

Just keep your payload dongle plugged in at shutdown. You will see it push its payload. If you have autohospoweroff set, or an autoboot option, it will then send the correct i2c command to MAX77620 and turn off.

Or it will take you back to the Hekate menu. However, try to launch your firmware, your console will completely power off.

Or fit a (sounding link a broken record) modchip.

I fitted a modchip, how to proceed now, because I still have battery drain issues. My setup: trinket with simple-uf2 and ReiNX 2.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1