Hacking Question Auto RCM and fully drained battery?

Gleed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If this is in the wrong section please let me know and point me in the right direction!

I hacked my switch a little while ago and i haven't used it in a while due to being busy with work. The other week i tried to boot it up to play a couple quick games of mario kart with a friend. I knew because i had left it for a couple months the battery would be dead so i let it sit in the dock on charge for a couple hours before trying to inject the payload from my phone but my phone was unable to detect the switch. I then tried to connect it to my PC and inject the payload that way and it also wouldn't detect the switch, not in device manager and it didn't make the device found tone. I left it to charge for 24 hours without the dock connected directly to the charger and still nothing. After some research and found how the console will struggle to charge while in auto RCM mode but i'm not even getting the charging indicator on the switch (red battery symbol) let alone getting far enough to boot into hekate to disable auto RCM and let the battery charge to full.

I'm all out of ideas on how i can revive my switch. Is there anything i can do?

Gleed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
put it on charger and hold power button for 20+ secs
maybe repeat this a few times and it should start charging.
Just tried that and as far as i can tell it hasnt done anything. It doesnt even look like the screen has even powered up. Ill leave it plugged in from here on out to see if that changes

Gleed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if it is in rcm, it will stay black. Nothing will show up.

I thought when it was in rcm it would at least power up the display to show a black screen not keep it completely off? I may be over worrying about it. I'll leave it charging for a few hours then and see if it starts getting detected

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
RCM stays at a complete black screen without any light, it's just plain black.
Leave it with the charger on for a few mins/hours, and then try to turn it on with a dongle, as soon as you see any sight of life (CFW splash screen / Nintendo logo), immediately unplug the RCM dongle and plug back the charger, then continue as normal.

Let us know if that worked, or what you did to get it working again.

Reactions: JABY and Gleed

Gleed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RCM stays at a complete black screen without any light, it's just plain black.
Leave it with the charger on for a few mins/hours, and then try to turn it on with a dongle, as soon as you see any sight of life (CFW splash screen / Nintendo logo), immediately unplug the RCM dongle and plug back the charger, then continue as normal.

Let us know if that worked, or what you did to get it working again.

I have let it charge for just over an hour and tried to inject the payload from my phone and pc and it is still not being detected at all.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have let it charge for just over an hour and tried to inject the payload from my phone and pc and it is still not being detected at all.
It might take some more time to charge to a minimum state.
Leave it on for a couple more hours.
I suggest you turn off the Switch completely by holding the Power button like 10-20 secs (20 to be sure), and once that's done, plug in the charger.
Leave it on for a couple hours, and just when you are about to do the payload thing, quickly remove the charger and plug-in the Switch asap. Try to do it as soon as you can.

Reactions: JABY and Gleed

Gleed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It might take some more time to charge to a minimum state.
Leave it on for a couple more hours.
I suggest you turn off the Switch completely by holding the Power button like 10-20 secs (20 to be sure), and once that's done, plug in the charger.
Leave it on for a couple hours, and just when you are about to do the payload thing, quickly remove the charger and plug-in the Switch asap. Try to do it as soon as you can.
alright ill leave it charging overnight and see if i can get it to boot up in the morning

Reactions: ShadowOne333
D

Deleted User

press 15-20seconds the power button it will shut down even if you have autorcm. than put the charger on. 30mim should be enough.

This is exactly how its done

Discharge 1st then plug charger as you cant discharge in RCM while charger is plugged in 1st. Sometimes takes hours for Switch to come back to life with drained bat.

Almost forgot - after charging and unplugging cable do another battery discharge before attempting to power on

Last edited by ,

vincentallen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally went through this same scenario last week

I let it stay charging on the dock (not just the cable) for about 3 hours, connected the dingle, then held the power button until it turned on.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

JABY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens. In AutoRCM whenever the switch actually dies, it's a pain to get it juiced up.

My experience: I had to leave on the charger overnight. Took it off the charger and pressed power for 20secs. Plugged it into rcmTegra, nothing. I plugged it into my phone/rekado, success. Pushed Payload. However, it would flash reinx and just die again. So after pluging and unplugging USB a few times I got it to show up in rcmTegra (wouldn't show up in phone/rekado). I pushed the payload and once I saw life, I quickly unplugged it from the PC and immediately threw it on the charger to sit. Now I could see a lil charging icon in the corner. Left it there overnight and in the AM I could finally boot.

Afterwards I learned to never let it fully die. If you are not goin to use it, you should do a proper shut down from the power menu/cfw menu.

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't charge it on the dock it has to be on the charger by itself, took me 2 hours and I was good to go after that.

bryanoink

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I have followed the above methods, pressed the power button for 15 secs and leave it to charge overnight, but it still doesn't boot up, and mine is a hardmod. I tried connecting to my pc and tegra can't seem to detect any rcm device. Any advice?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs