Misc Australian Brawl Friend Codes

A

armand66

Lets try to get a starting look at what everyones Setup is, what state they are in, what plan they are on, among other things.

N8
Plan: ADSL2+ TPG 150GB. 24mbps/1mbps, Connecting at 18mbps/1mbps.
Modem: Netgear DG834G v4 ADSL2+ Modem/Wireless Router/Ethernet with latest firmware
Connection: Wireless, access point around 3 metres from Wii, direct line of sight to modem.
Configuration: All ports needed for the Wii are forwarded on the modem. Wii was set up manually, giving it its own IP address.

Also, and i doubt this is happening, gotta make sure people don't have anything running on another computer in the house, no torrents downloading or uploading, no streaming movies, no online games being played by a family member etc etc. Chances are this has nothing to do with any lag, but you'd be surprised at how many mates i've face, listened to them complain its too laggy, and then tell me they've nearly finished downloading the latest 360 game lol. Some peeps leave torrents uploading sometimes by accident, simply to get their ratios right at private sites, no upload speed = laggy as hell game.

ronnieboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Plan: Telstra Cable 12GB 7mbps/128k =*(
Modem: Some Motorolla modem
Connection: Wii is next to router (D-Link 524)

no ports available on my exchange for adsl2..

A

armand66

Hey Ronnie,

I'll give you a few matches to see how our connections go, one i'll host, and one i'll get you to host. I'm not sure how the wii online works, some online p2p gaming works that the highest upload speed/ping becomes host, while others, the person who starts the match is the host.

Also not sure how good 128k upload would be for SSBB, although for 2 players i can't imagine it should be bad, although you wouldn't be hosting a Rainbow Six Vegas 2 match on it heh.

There will be a way, with your D-Link router, that you'll be able to connect to its settings, (might be something like typing 192.168.1.1 into your internet browser, username=admin, password=password) and from those router settings, you can set up port forwarding to give the Wii its ports open it needs, as well as many other things.

Even with 128k, by setting up some settings within that router, should get a better chance at an overall better connection. With some luck, someone else on here is using that same router and knows the best way to configure it.

MahouMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Plan: Optus Fusion (not sure what connection this is, I'm guessing ADSL), 20 gig (They called this plan "unlimited"; my ass it is!)
Modem: A wireless Motorola (I honestly don't know)
Connection: Wireless; Belkin 54g; around 2 metres away from Wii.

ronnieboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers armand, ill give it a go later. lol im in my 2nd year of uni studying IT and i know close to nothing about port forwarding

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rhygy
Plan: Optus Cable 12mb/256kb
Modem: Motorola SB5100
Connection: Wired Linux Box, all ports forwarded

A

armand66

I studied IT and graphic design for 4 years and didn't touch anything with networks and ports till 6 months ago ronnie, so know where your coming from lol.

Go to http://www.portforward.com and they have some great info, some good tutorials and tutorials on all different sorts of modems/routers and programs per router.

Someone in an earlier post on this topic posted the ports that the wii generally uses for multi, and those which need to be open for both incoming, and outgoing connections to get the most out of the wii.

adart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Plan: ADSL2+ TPG @ 23 mbs/1 mbs
Modem: ASUS wl600G
Connection: Wireless, around 15m from wii partially blocked by 3 walls...=[(will have tv card soon so it can connect directly to computer)
Configuration: Wii on DMZ

"with anyone" doesn't work, spectator does

Muss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Plan: ADSL2+ with iinet connecting at 6mbps/1mbps

Modem: Belkin ADSL2+ Wireless Router, F1PI241EGau with latest firmware.

Connection: Wired, bought the LAN adaptor specifically for smash to maximise my connection speed.

Evil Toast

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Plan: Adam ADSL 1500k/256k.
Modem: Netcomm NB5Plus4W wireless router.
Connection: Wireless router one room away from Wii.
Configuration: Automatic setup, no router settings changed or ports forwarded.

Also, anybody for a battle?

Ceasama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Evil Toast said:
Plan: Adam ADSL 1500k/256k.
Modem: Netcomm NB5Plus4W wireless router.
Connection: Wireless router one room away from Wii.
Configuration: Automatic setup, no router settings changed or ports forwarded.

Also, anybody for a battle?

I notice whenever I try to connect to one of your matches Toast, I get the disconnect error. Maybe I'm just unlucky.
frown.gif

A

armand66

I'll be playing a bit of the Wii this weekend Muss, between watching the footy that is.

Be up for some games, if i can stop playing Mario Kart that is lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Sicklyboy, I haven't really tested actual mah but ye paid full price a month later discounts...