Ceasama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Guys, it doesn't matter which regional copy of Brawl you have, online play is a direct p2p connection once a game is up and running. The random matchmaking is really the only thing that will be affected by a distant server, but the lag is too great anyway...

Tips for decreasing lag/bad connections:

1) If you are far away from your Wi-fi router, get a USB adapter and hook up directly. Seriously. The lag caused by wireless drops can be immense.

And for those who know what they're doing:

2) Make sure you have all the ports forwarded for Wii online play. According to Nintendo, that's TCP 80, 443, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, and all UDP ports to the Wii.
3) Do a speed/ping test on your connection to make sure it's stable enough. Maybe ask your opponent if you can ping them. Based on the speed of the game, I imagine Brawl needs something like

A

armand66

I was on a 1.5 ADSL connection a while ago Toast, and sometimes it would seem like i was lag free, yet players on the other end would be having lag left right and centre.

Sometimes, it was down to them possibly not having configured their ports right, and other times, just because 1.5 ADSL is slowly becoming slow as for online gaming. (That is, if you've only got an upload of 250ish, at the end of the day, the better your upload the better your chances)

As Caesama said above, Ports and knowing how to get the most out of your modem/router is essential, especially for the wii. Doesn't matter if it seems sweet as to you, if its lagging one end it isn't always that persons fault its lagging, but in fact can be the opposite.

I've seen a lot of peeps online complain about both the 360 and Wii and lag, but, all it takes is some googling and configuring some settings and massive changes can be had.

adart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey im going to play alil tonight and sunday arvo and weekday arvos (Sydney time)
Ive added n8, toast,spyder and ronnie boy...see ya
oh if it makes it easier u can msn me at [email protected]

we should pm each other if we add someone so we can get a fast registration!

A

armand66

Hey Adart, i just added you as well, but still awaiting on registration from your end.

Just played 2 matches, both 3 player matches with Rhgy and Isuki (not sure who that is from the list lol), the first was a 2.0 hit psycho brawl, ick lol, came third, and the second a bit more sensible time based 1.2 match, came second.

My end of things it seemed to be lag free throughout, but i'd like to hear from both players to see how it was on their end.

A

armand66

Lol, it was only when you ROFLMAO'd that i took 5 seconds to (little bit drunk after watching carlton lose to the bombers tonight, sigh) realize that it was a team game, lmfao.

Knocks head against wall.

A

armand66

Is your SSBB name Isuki, Adart? (didnt realize it was you man lol)

What internet connection you on, and what modem do you have set up? (Just wanna get a good idea of what people are using and from whereabouts in Oz)

One of you guys had a green connection to me, one had a yellow, can't remember which. Seemed to go pretty smooth, that is, when i wasn't trying to kill you for 2 mins before realizing it was a team game rofl.

adart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL where did u get isuki from? its izumi
well i get green with rhyguy..
not sure about you i think its yellow
Im ADSL2+
but i think its just my wireless its like 15m partially behind walls..
oh by the way does your "with anyone work"?

Muss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
forgive my ignorance but how do you check what connection strength you have with other people?

A

armand66

adart said:
LOL where did u get isuki from? its izumi
well i get green with rhyguy..
not sure about you i think its yellow
Im ADSL2+
but i think its just my wireless its like 15m partially behind walls..
oh by the way does your "with anyone work"?

Lol, Isuki, izumi, wasn't that far off man lol:P

Whereabouts in Aus you from dude, possibly i'm closer in region to rhyguy, not sure though. Either way, it ran smooth as, will definately be up for some more matches, preferably not with the hits set to 2.0 rofl.

I haven't tried "With anyone" yet, but have watched a heap of spectate matches and my betting on the winner has been around the 90% mark, won lots of coins from it lol. Will give the "With anyone" a go today see if it works. I'm using a DVD5 of the game, on Wiikey 3.2E, 1.9s.

On your friend list Muss, look to the right of the players name, and you'll see a coloured bar, if they are online i believe, Green=Best, Yellow=Good, Red=bad. (Not sure if there is an orange in there....lol.

A

armand66

I might be up for some later this arvo ronnie, if your online then.

Does anyone know, if you can invite someone from your friend list to a team, and play random opponents with that player, or is that a no-go?

Ceasama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey adart, thanks for the game, that was some pretty horrible lag we had going on there...
frown.gif

I've got my Wii sitting 3 metres from the Wi-fi access point but I'm thinking of connecting it directly if it'll give me less ping. What's your setup?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer