DjFIL

OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I may be in Canada, but ever since I first saw AFL on TV back some 10 plus years I've always been a huge Collingwood Magpies fan. This year here in Canada we just got Setanta sports which is broadcasting almost every playoff game live... glad I work for the cable company as I get it for half price (7.49 instead of 14.99 per month... premium channels and pay per views we employees pay 1/2 price). So I'm just watching (now 4:45am my time) the Magpies taking on (and currently leading) the Swans. Just wondering... any other AFL fans on the forums? I know we have some Australians here on the forums... and probably some other international fans.

Go Magpies!

ps... wish there was a DS (or NES/SNES via emulator) AFL game. i know there's an old one on the NES, but it wasn't very good.

roguefan99

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ugh, no AFL games for me please, after the past effort on the ps2, I'm over the idea of having an AFL game.

Well my team was bundled out of the Finals today (Crows), by a team that had much more run and effort in the game. Glad my SANFL (local leauge) team is still in the finals (first time in a long time), even though they had their second draw today.

I'm hoping Geelong finally pull off a GF win, because I've seen them loose so many times in the past.

Good to hear you can get the AFL in Canada, nice price too, shows how expensive foxtel is in Australia.

DjFIL

OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Really... I didn't play the recient AFL attempts by irGurus... but I did play their Live 2004 and 2005 games on PC, they weren't too bad. But, I don't think it was ever as good as EA's AFL 99 game though.

That was a really exciting game the Crows and Hawks had yesterday, my eyes were glued to the TV for the entire match... and I was at work still at that time (it was about 9p-midnight for that match). Going in I was expecting for the Crows to win it... but personally was really excited to see the Hawks win it.

jackb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Geelong had a good win today (106 points, except the roo's played pretty badly) although i am not quite sure if they have the experience to win the flag seeing as they haven't played in very many finals recently, my money is on West coast even though they lost they didnt have judd or cousins in the last quater, which was probably the reason for there loss....

but idk anything could happen.. always good to see international supporters
smile.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
in afl, i always barrack for the team that is down at half time lol!

not that i watch afl every week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?