I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since this is liable to attract some of the boards Australian readers, let me say:

1. Thank you for Air Supply - they still rock
2. WTH is up with Vegemite?
3. Congratulations on your newfound wealth by default.

The Aus Dollar recently hit $US0.8900 against the US Dollar which is dropping like a bad habit due to the neo-Keynesian policy of wallowing in filthy-filthy debt like a pig in dookie whilst congratulating ourselves on the new era of digital alchemy (attempting to turn lead into gold and the ensuing inflation which is a monetary cancer).

The Canadian Dollar (The aptly named Loonie), as you may recall, passed the USD a few months ago although they're rightfully pissed that consumer goods there still cost more. For instance, we see magazine covers that say Price: $5.00 US/$15.00 Can. That was to address the disparity in the dollars strength which has vanished like Brittney's good sense. But you don't see manufacturers in a hurry to change it and why should they (I'm being facetious here BTW), the current financial structure is nothing more that a wealth transfer. We'll all be poor sooner or later.

Among the other good news today, Tyson chicken is jacking up prices in response to higher costs - a trend you see everywhere at the supermarket (10-30% increases) while your paychecks (or allowances for Linki) are nominally stagnant.

And ATM fees will now increase because (going from memory) "during tough economic times, the banks have to make up for it by nickle and diming customers". Hell they do that during good times too.

So I will sign off with a great quote from a wonderful "B" movie: Hamburger the Motion Picture - "Grab the cash and save your a**". Go rent it if you still have a VHS player. kthxbye

Disclaimer: This is not investment advice. If you listen to me then you deserve what you get.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Move to Australia?

Sounds heartless, but I'm loving the economy at the moment. If I import anything from the US it's basically like buying something at a 1/2 price sale. Soooooo good

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Move to Australia?

Sounds heartless, but I'm loving the economy at the moment. If I import anything from the US it's basically like buying something at a 1/2 price sale. Soooooo good

Actually a lot of Canadians have been visiting the States lately for the economic benefit. Which is cool. They're like Americans without a gun. I imagine it's harder for Australians with the travel involved, but you're right about ordering goods.

And business is heartless by definition. I wouldn't worry about that, get yourn. If anything this will be a lesson to Americans who have been insulated from hard times for two generations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM