AuReiNAND/Luma3DS doesn't boot NAND after update

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MarcusD, Apr 23, 2016.

1. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD ソノちゃん❤\xF0\x9F\x8D\xBC

Oct 16, 2015
    Austria
    /Users/Sono/
    I updated from a very ancient AuReiNAND (which still used the /rei folder) to Luma3DS using this tutorial, followed the first-time-setup, but after that no NAND will be booted. I'm stuck on a black screen, and nothing happens. I tried booting with R, L, L+R, but nothing seems to do anything useful.

I'm using the screen_init version of ARM9LoaderHax with CTRBootManager9, and I have used pathchanger to change the path of the .bin file (double checked, it is correct).

2. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    Can you boot into Luma3DS menu? I guess it is still the same (START + SELECT) when powering on.
    Once in the menu, uncheck "Use Pre-patched FIRMs", press START to save and boot. It should boot.

Last edited by Just3DS, Apr 23, 2016
    MarcusD likes this.
  3. cavolo

cavolo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2015
    France
    Its been a looonnng time since "Use Pre-patched FIRMs" has been removed. They are patched on the fly.
    Plus its only Select for the config menu.

4. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    lol I didn't knew that. I'm still using AuReiNAND 4.1 on my console. You may need to find and move/delete the pre-pacthed FIRMs bin files (if you have emuNAND then there will be two of them) from luma folder.

5. MarcusD
    OP

Oct 16, 2015
    Austria
    /Users/Sono/
    I disabled language/region emulation, and it works now :D This is weird :wacko: But thanks for the START+SELECT menu, it helped :D

6. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    Good to know.

PS. I thought I should avoid creating a new topic and ask here instead: if you can tell if region-change e-Shop patch is added yet or not?

7. MarcusD
    OP

Oct 16, 2015
    Austria
    /Users/Sono/
    iirc you need to put an out-of-region SecureInfo_A file somewhere on your SDCard, and it'll replace it in memory with the one on your SDCard

8. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    I already did that and my console has 2nd emuNAND which is region changed, just that the eShop doesn't work. I read somewhere that the eShop patch was underway...

EDIT: Oh yea, something to do with just putting that file and it boots region-change on-the-fly. But what about eShop?

Last edited by Just3DS, Apr 23, 2016
  9. 9thSage

9thSage GBAtemp Fan

Aug 8, 2008
    United States
    I *think* the secureinfo thing was actually taken out of Luma3DS at some point, if I remember right. You'll have to find another way. I seem to remember it causing some other kind of problem in some cases, but again, I forget all the details and that's a huge thread to comb through.