XP
Country
Bahrain
My friend is gonna get some new headphones, i doubt price is a factor
his current choices are
Headphones 1
Headphones 2
he does not really prefer blue tooth that much, wired is fine
one is bose, hes slanting to that, but i read on gbatemp bose is overated and expensive, pls if some one could link to better, or help him make a choice between them
thanks in advanced

EDIT : remember sound quality is #1 factor

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's more of a preference issue than being overrated. You either like their sound or you don't. If you don't, then don't bother getting one. If you do to the point the price difference between Bose's and others' doesn't matter, then why not.
I find Bose's sound reflecting technology thing good enough, but not to the point I'd drop some significant chunk of cash on it.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My friend got the Bose quiet comfort 2, and I used it for about 10 minutes. I cannot comment on how overrated Bose was.
bose stands for "buy other sound equipment."

It DID sound a little better than my fully burnt in Koss porta pro, but the price difference between them IS 200 bucks. I can't understand why people like them so much. Their products are somewhat decent, but about 3X the price they should REALLY be at. They claim they produce better sound by using researches, and has a slogan " Better sound through research". It's more like "Better sound through marketing research".

People think more expensive product means better product. That's not the case with Bose. The sound it produces isn't worth 200 dollars. And the noise isolating isnt as good as I had gotten from a Shure E2C. Then again, one's an IEM, and another is a headphone. Also, I'd never, EVER buy headphones from Canadian retail stores, if I were you. Usually, more expensive, and it's much cheaper to find a place that sells them online. Of course, they have taxes to pay, thus more money to pay.

Here's a thread you should probably read. It's from an Audiophile community.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/bose-respected-335825/

And that Iluv brand is almost unknown, so I don't think it's a good idea to get it. Also, bluetooth headphones aren't as good as wired ones, because they don't have wires, and a few small stuff.

Here's a good thread to look at:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/headphone...s-guide-271258/

Canadian headphones prices are overpriced.

EDIT: Must admit though, I've tried another Bose headphone awhile back. I think it was the tri-pods, or something like that. And damn, they were probably the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Such a waste, seeing the sound is average, and very overpriced.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
one word well 2 or more actually ...

SKULLCANDY SKULL CRUSHER

nuff said
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz said:
SKullcandy headphones are absolutely terrible.

Their in-ear earphones are decent, on the other hand.

really?? then you must of used a bad set??

Ive had a few different pairs and they have all been fantastic ..mainly had a few pairs because my mates bought mine off me they were that impressed .... so I bought more
smile.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kobykaan said:
ojsinnerz said:

Ive had a few different pairs and they have all been fantastic ..mainly had a few pairs because my mates bought mine off me they were that impressed .... so I bought more
smile.gif

I've tried the Lowriders. They were damn bad. I can go into details if you want.

Have you used any other brands?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz said:
kobykaan said:
ojsinnerz said:

smile.gif

I've tried the Lowriders. They were damn bad. I can go into details if you want.

Have you used any other brands?

I currently have/use Skullcrusher Subwoofer SCS-SCBP3.5 but also have used the Skullcandy Com Ti Multimedia ones too with the built in mic but sold those to a mate that played more online games than me
smile.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Skullcandy obviously charge extra for the design....If sound quality is what matters most, you need to avoid gimmicky shit like that.

I also doubt that bluetooth headphones for $159 offer a great quality, since the same phones without bluetooth would probably cost no more than a hundred bucks.

Those Sennheiser phones fischju posted look like a good deal, I'd say get one of them
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.