Audio Cable

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Sheimi, Dec 17, 2011.

Dec 17, 2011

Audio Cable by Sheimi at 11:13 PM (368 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Sheimi
    OP

Member Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Japan
    I have a Stereo M/M Audio Cable. When I connect the 3DS to the Laptop with the Audio Cable, no sound comes out of the speakers. How do I make the sound come from the speakers.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Your audio drivers should have allowed you the option to select line in for recording (some (most?) also allow it to happen in real time as it would any other sound source)- make sure the option is selected (if necessary) and not muted. Unlike most other software selected volume controls in my experience having the line in volume all the way up is not necessary or even good (it gets distorted).
    Some pictures of what you are likely to see
    http://www.dettecelectronics.com/images/volume-control-line-in-mute.gif
    http://www.nsftools.com/misc/VolumeControlLineIn.png

On top of this laptops are odd as the port you shoved it in probably does double duty as a microphone port (if it is red then almost certainly)-the only real difference is a mic port will have some voltage on it to power the mic where line in does not. Using a port inappropriately can damage things but that seems mainly to be one of the many safety tips (think "safe eject" of USB drive on windows) rather than a machine killer, most made in the last decade or so will autosense but know you might have to change it.

3. Sheimi
    OP

Member Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Japan
    Thank you for your help. I got it to work :)