ATTENTION Acekard 2i Owners

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by G2K, Apr 8, 2009.

Apr 8, 2009

ATTENTION Acekard 2i Owners by G2K at 10:37 PM (4,378 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. G2K
    OP

Member G2K GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Is there a reason you guys prefer the Acekard 2i over the EzFlash Vi (in terms of DSi Flashcarts)? If I'm correct, the EZFlash has all the same features the Acekard does, plus more (Real Time Save, In-Game Guide)! On top of that, it even has an updateable kernel, so future patches that block the card could be useless if a new exploit is found, 'cause the kernel could just be updated! What am I missing that makes the Acekard 2i so much better?

2. noammax

Member noammax GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Two words: Better Compatability

3. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    The EZVi has RTS? Well I'm way behind on my flashcart info, but you definitely never hear EZV being recommended as a flashcart to buy, but it certainly isn't a bad cart either. Though it is interesting that the kernal is updatable because of this constant DSi compatibility issue, though you would have to have an DSi system version or an older DS.

The compatibility thing might be true though, but I never really ever hear any complaints. Isn't there a good forum(not GBATemp) dedicated to EZ Flash?

4. G2K
    OP

Canada
    Compatability in what way? With backup games? What games don't work, cause I havent heard of a single one.

5. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Who needs RTS? There are save points for a reason.

6. G2K
    OP

Canada
    I was mostly talking about the Kernel updating.

7. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I can't comment on the compatibility issue, but with the recent strain of people complaining about their AK2is dying after a few days, I'd recommend that you give one of the other carts a shot. Sure, AKAIO may be superior to the other loaders (from what I've heard), but nothing beats reliable hardware and that's where the AK2i absolutely fails at the moment.

8. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    What? Really, they've been breaking down? In what way? Like it falls apart, the spring breaks, what? This has peaked my interest because I was planning on getting an AK2i...do go on...

9. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    i just wanna no wat flash cart is better over-all....just lemme no plzzzzzz

10. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    It's not like they're falling apart but, it seems that quite some of the AK2is have contact issues. If you want to get one I suggest you wait until there is a new batch available which doesn't have those issues, or get it from a local retailer so you won't have the hassle with horrendous shipping costs when it's faulty.

There are a couple of threads going on in the Acekard subforum.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146964
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146500
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=141849
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146649
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146546

EDIT: I forgot to add, that I'm in no way bashing the Acekard in general, because when I bought my DSi the AK2i seemed like the obvious choice since I've got an AK2.1 which works fine on my DSlite. However, reading about those faults got me thinking and for now I just decided to wait.

11. G2K
    OP

Canada
    So I really wanna know more about this compatability thing. Also, what's different about the menus?

12. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Hmm...well I'm not getting my DSi until June...would they probably have a new batch by then? Because unless a new card is released for the DSi within the next 2 months (hopefully M3i or CycloDSi) then AK2i basically looks like the best option.

And I would wait...but I'm giving my DS Lite and M3 Real to my brother once I get my DSi and he goes to college. So if I DO wait...I'll have a DSi with no flashcart...and that would just be plain boring.

EDIT: Here's a possibility. What if the chips in the AK2i (the green part that shows in the open end at the bottom) got pushed out of place or crooked when it was shipped. And it worked for a little bit, but then it got to a point where it was pushed two far and could not be read. My friend has had a problem similar to this, and what he did was open it up and just carefully straightened it and it worked fine.

13. anaxs

Canada
    so u recommend ak2i

14. Martiin

Member Martiin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    EZ flash GUI compared to AK GUI = suck balls

15. LxTrix

Member LxTrix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've been looking at the two considering which one to buy and it seems the Acekard has a better looking interface.

16. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    Yep it is indeed strange that EZ5i is not more popular it is a fantasic card and deserves A LOT more credit than it gets. i own both cards and yep the ace has a better gui faster etc but so what?? the reason EZ is
    slower is because its moonshell based but i read some where that the EZ team might change this in the future thus makeing a faster gui,acekard is so fragile i "bricked" my dsi mode by installing YS menu so the fact the team wont rls that flashing app kinda sucks.......

17. anaxs

Canada
    but u would only brick your dsi if u put ysmenu ....right or wrong.....pkzz tell

18. G2K
    OP

Canada
    So if I was more concerned about how long the card would last (by updating the kernel to avoid as much as possible nintendo's firmware) and being able to get future DSi mode compatability without buying a new card, what would be the better crad? (Ignore te interface for a second). This is also bringing it back to the original question - is the AceKard's CORE (Not the firmware, the actual card) updateable?

19. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    @anaxs you will NOT brick the dsi mode by installing YS menu on its own,i booted up YS menu and foolishly then ran the .nds file of the allready loaded YS menu & BANG dsi mode bricked [​IMG] so it was 100% MY fault at least it works on my trusty ole lite [​IMG]

20. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    Really?! From what I remembered, that would be one hell of an improvement!