atms erpt_report folder

Zkajavier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hi, atmosphere has this folder called "erpt_report" that's constantly getting filled with literally thousands of 4-5KB files. Last time I looked I had 3569 files in there.
Is there any way to prevent these from being created? Any setting in any .ini that can disable them?

It's not a big deal to just delete them every now and them but I don't really get their purpose and if having that many files in a SD card is healthy in the long run.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Atmosphere doesn't provide option to disable them.

Code:
Antares:
The reports are useful to me

Antares:
I want people who encounter problems to be able to send me reports

Antares:
If I add a setting like that the stupid zip distributors will turn it on by default

Antares:
if those packs didn't exist I would add the setting

From ReSwitched discord.

• Wow
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
But then all erpt will go to NAND and then they will be send to Nintendo servers one day. You don't want that. :D
Shouldn't be an issue if you're on Emunand blocking Nintendo servers. Also maybe there's a way to modify the sysmodule to just send them to a black hole instead (is there something like /dev/null on the Switch?).

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Latest versions of Atmosphere deletes these

• A mechanism for automatically cleaning up erpt_reports was added.
    • When booting, if the console has more than 1000 reports inside /atmosphere/erpt_reports, the folder will be cleaned to empty.
    • This behavior can be disabled by setting erpt!disable_automatic_report_cleanup = u8!0x1 in system_settings.ini.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Latest versions of Atmosphere deletes these

• A mechanism for automatically cleaning up erpt_reports was added.
    • When booting, if the console has more than 1000 reports inside /atmosphere/erpt_reports, the folder will be cleaned to empty.
    • This behavior can be disabled by setting erpt!disable_automatic_report_cleanup = u8!0x1 in system_settings.ini.
The problem is this happens on boot and I never turn my switch off unless I'm updating or it crashed (if it crashed because of erpt being full then auto cleanup doesn't do jack). I'd rather nip this problem in the bud considering I'll never submit and bug reports to SciresM. So How do I do it, where is the erpt module so I can delete it?

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
you can't I dont think....I think AMS relies on it...I normally now and again turn my switch off take the SD out and delete these...its a pain in the ass I know.
It relies on it? What happens if it's removed or corrupted then?

It certainly is a pain, I'd rather break atmosphere stability in some other way than keep dealing with it.

Last edited by Dragon91Nippon,

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem is this happens on boot and I never turn my switch off unless I'm updating or it crashed (if it crashed because of erpt being full then auto cleanup doesn't do jack). I'd rather nip this problem in the bud considering I'll never submit and bug reports to SciresM. So How do I do it, where is the erpt module so I can delete it?
Just do a reboot from time to time, then that should trigger it too. For that you can even use reboot_to_payload.nro or something similar, if you don't want to use the shutdown menu.
Also if it creates that many reports, maybe check whats causing them, since that doesn't sound normal to me.
I only have 394 Files in it, with the oldest one being from april 2021.

How do I remove the sysmodule? I really want this madness to end once and for all. Really I'm sick of having random crashes after every few months because the folder is full.
you would need to rebuild at least the stratosphere.romfs, to remove it, which you would need to do for every atmosphere update

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I remove the sysmodule? I really want this madness to end once and for all. Really I'm sick of having random crashes after every few months because the folder is full.
as much as I hate them I was obviously being facetious lol. I assume they behave like logcat on android which actually degrades performance but I don't think you can actually remove it without causing issues

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...