Steveoj28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I have recently got on the HB scene on the switch and have got Hekate & Atmosphere Installed with the GoldLeaf.nro.
Switch FW is 8.1.0.

I have acquired an nsp for the switch and followed a guide to split the nsp to install on the FAT32 SD card for my switch.
Now when I go to GoldLeaf -> SD -> Switch -> NSP, to install the NSP downloaded I get an error and can't install due to signature patches/licensing or something.

Anyone able to assist please :)

Thanks.

Steveoj28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When trying to install NSP's all I get is the Error Invalid NCA (might mean sigpatches or a too low firmware) I am running 8.1.0 and CFW is latest Atmosphere.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Make a NAND backup with Hekate if you haven't already. Store it somewhere safe.
  2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  3. Download the latest Atmosphere from github (currently 0.9.2)
  4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  5. Download these signature patches
  6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  7. Put the SD into your Switch
  8. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary

Steveoj28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, buddy!
Is there a way to boot to this CFW without keeping attaching my switch to the PC and loading the payload fuse?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, buddy!
Is there a way to boot to this CFW without keeping attaching my switch to the PC and loading the payload fuse?
In your case, there is no way to boot CFW without injecting a fusee gelee payload like fusee-primary, so no. If you keep your Switch in sleep mode when you're not using it, you should rarely have to do this.

If entering RCM is what's inconvenient, you can install AutoRCM so your Switch coldboots into RCM, but you will still need to push a fusee gelee payload whenever you want to coldboot the system.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've often wondered if there is an nsp that would install a "game" that when launched boots into cfw.

The idea being you would run cfw on your sysnand once install the nsp. Then theoretically you would never need your jig again.

I've not seen one so presumably it can't be done.

I might try it using a forwarder... But I doubt it'll work if there is no homebrew app to forward. I don't have the knowledge to write the nsp from scratch or even if it can be done.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've often wondered if there is an nsp that would install a "game" that when launched boots into cfw.

The idea being you would run cfw on your sysnand once install the nsp. Then theoretically you would never need your jig again.

I've not seen one so presumably it can't be done.

I might try it using a forwarder... But I doubt it'll work if there is no homebrew app to forward. I don't have the knowledge to write the nsp from scratch or even if it can be done.
You don't understand how .NSP files work. You realize they only launch in CFW and do not launch in OFW right? So you would need to be in CFW in order to launch said .NSP.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't understand how .NSP files work. You realize they only launch in CFW and do not launch in OFW right? So you would need to be in CFW in order to launch said .NSP.

I know how nsp files work. I was suggesting that it may be possible to run cfw. Install an nsp file that gives you a "reboot to payload" option. Not as a forwarder or script but properly hard coded. It would then exist on the sysnand so you could theoretically launch into cfw without the need for a jig.

It presents 2 problems.

Firstly you'd need to be running a low firmware as nintendo I patched this in (I think it was any firmware after v4.0).

Downgrading the fw wouldn't work because of the fuse count. If your sysnand is below v4.0 I'm pretty sure I can already do it.

I still think this may be possible but I've not figured it out yet. It'd be good as it'd eliminate the need for a jig on softmod systems.

Another problem is once installed on the sysnand it wouldn't be clean so nintendo would probably look foe it. I think there may be a way around this using a 3rd (clean) nand to trick nintendo... but I'm not 100% how to implement that (and a lot of users can't get there head around 2 nands). Plus the it uses too much space on the sd card.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how nsp files work. I was suggesting that it may be possible to run cfw. Install an nsp file that gives you a "reboot to payload" option. Not as a forwarder or script but properly hard coded. It would then exist on the sysnand so you could theoretically launch into cfw without the need for a jig.

It presents 2 problems.

Firstly you'd need to be running a low firmware as nintendo I patched this in (I think it was any firmware after v4.0).

Downgrading the fw wouldn't work because of the fuse count. If your sysnand is below v4.0 I'm pretty sure I can already do it.

I still think this may be possible but I've not figured it out yet. It'd be good as it'd eliminate the need for a jig on softmod systems.

Another problem is once installed on the sysnand it wouldn't be clean so nintendo would probably look foe it. I think there may be a way around this using a 3rd (clean) nand to trick nintendo... but I'm not 100% how to implement that (and a lot of users can't get there head around 2 nands). Plus the it uses too much space on the sd card.
Again, you don't understand how .NSP files work. There is nothing to "hard-code"; they cannot be launched without CFW. If we didn't need CFW to launch .NSP files, then we wouldn't have CFW.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Again, you don't understand how .NSP files work. There is nothing to "hard-code"; they cannot be launched without CFW. If we didn't need CFW to launch .NSP files, then we wouldn't have CFW.
It can't work anyway. But the idea isn't to launch "boot to firmware". The idea is to install "boot to firmware" as a game title. You only need to boot cfw once in the sysnand to install it. After that you wouldn't need the nsp file. It would already be installed so would exist in stock.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can't work anyway. But the idea isn't to launch "boot to firmware". The idea is to install "boot to firmware" as a game title. You only need to boot cfw once in the sysnand to install it. After that you wouldn't need the nsp file. It would already be installed so would exist in stock.
But if you're installing it as a .NSP file, it will literally not launch without CFW. Why do you think we need patches to launch backups? Same principle applies here. It doesn't matter what you're trying to install; any .NSP file needs CFW in order to be launched even after its installed.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But if you're installing it as a .NSP file, it will literally not launch without CFW. Why do you think we need patches to launch backups? Same principle applies here. It doesn't matter what you're trying to install; any .NSP file needs CFW in order to be launched even after its installed.

I'm not trying to stop the need for cfw. I know it's needed. And I know it's needed to launch nsp files.

I'm trying to create an nsp file which basically installs a reboot to payload option as a game.

The reason is you'd never need a jig again as the game would exist even in stock as long as you installed it to the sysnand. But it's not possible on switch fw above 4.0

The idea is to allow you to boot cfw even if your switch battery dies, no laptop or RCM loader, jig, etc.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to stop the need for cfw. I know it's needed. And I know it's needed to launch nsp files.

I'm trying to create an nsp file which basically installs a reboot to payload option as a game.

The reason is you'd never need a jig again as the game would exist even in stock as long as you installed it to the sysnand. But it's not possible on switch fw above 4.0

The idea is to allow you to boot cfw even if your switch battery dies, no laptop or RCM loader, jig, etc.
And I'm trying to tell you that you cannot launch any .NSP files in Stock mode. Don't believe? Try it out yourself. It has nothing to do with firmware. .NSP files need CFW in order to be launched; there is no way around it therefore it is impossible to create the .NSP file you are referring to.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And I'm trying to tell you that you cannot launch any .NSP files in Stock mode. Don't believe? Try it out yourself. It has nothing to do with firmware. .NSP files need CFW in order to be launched; there is no way around it therefore it is impossible to create the .NSP file you are referring to.

You wouldn't launch it in stock.

You'd launch cfw on the sysnand (not the emulated nand) to install the nsp.

After this it's on the system the same as any other game. Next time you launched stock it'd be there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After this it's on the system the same as any other game. Next time you launched stock it'd be there.
But it won't work for other reasons anyway!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But it won't work for other reasons anyway!
That's...how all .NSP files work. CFW is just a mode like Stock; pirated games will appear the same way retail games do. The only difference is that you cannot launch any .NSP files in Stock mode so your .NSP file is functionally useless since it cannot be launched in Stock Mode regardless if it was installed in CFW or appears in Stock.

Since you don't seem to understand how .NSP files work, let me explain. All digital content whether its a .NSP file or an eShop title needs a ticket signed by Nintendo. The eShop creates the ticket automatically when you download something from there. While title installers replicate the ticket, we cannot replicate Nintendo's signature. This is where the patches implemented via CFW come in. These ignore the check for Nintendo's signature allowing .NSP files to be launched. Stock Mode can't launch .NSP files because the tickets for them are fake so what you are suggesting is impossible without Nintendo's signing key. And before you devise ways of getting it, this is a 2048 character key that is definitely locked under a tight safe & key.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, E-peen? +1