atmosphere no longer works

satch4684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been a while since I used the switch so I just decided to wipe the SD and start again, something went screwy when I tried to update atmosphere

I've been doing everything the same as I always have but after completing the installation of everything, at the hekate screen the launch options show nothing, (no main boot entries found...)

I feel like I must be missing something simple but I cant get it to work anymore for some reason.

Jeromy22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
been a while since I used the switch so I just decided to wipe the SD and start again, something went screwy when I tried to update atmosphere

I've been doing everything the same as I always have but after completing the installation of everything, at the hekate screen the launch options show nothing, (no main boot entries found...)

I feel like I must be missing something simple but I cant get it to work anymore for some reason.

The no main boot entries are probably because you need to edit your hekate ipl.ini.
Things have probly changed since you last updated.
If uour unsure of how it should look, use the SD setup homebrew website, download a zip file using the buffet style of options and locate the hekate. ini file.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

What is your config entry for Atmosphere inside of bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini

If you are using fusee.bin then you can use something like my config, but you will need to change the payload and icon locations.

INI:
[Atmosphere]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/atmosphere.bmp
{}

satch4684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well I copied and pasted hekate ipl.ini from the SD setup homebrew website, and yes that did give me the options now to load, but something else is going on here, like from before I reformatted and started anew. I get a "panic occurred while running atmosphere"

I *was* using fusee primary on the old one, and figured thats why the error, but since I wiped and started fresh I been trying hekate. Idk im so confused but maybe I need to do the same fusee setup that you have im completely lost at the moment

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok well I copied and pasted hekate ipl.ini from the SD setup homebrew website, and yes that did give me the options now to load, but something else is going on here, like from before I reformatted and started anew. I get a "panic occurred while running atmosphere"

I *was* using fusee primary on the old one, and figured thats why the error, but since I wiped and started fresh I been trying hekate. Idk im so confused but maybe I need to do the same fusee setup that you have im completely lost at the moment
I'm personally not a fan of websites like SD Setup because you don't really know what you're installing and how everything links together. Makes troubleshooting harder. While that error suggests that it is actually booting Atmosphere and something inside of Atmosphere is erroring, I'm not sure it's getting very far into the boot process. Which option from the SD Setup boot options are you selecting? There should be 4. CFW (sysMMC), CFW (emuMMC), Stock, Fusee.

Jeromy22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm personally not a fan of websites like SD Setup because you don't really know what you're installing and how everything links together. Makes troubleshooting harder. While that error suggests that it is actually booting Atmosphere and something inside of Atmosphere is erroring, I'm not sure it's getting very far into the boot process. Which option from the SD Setup boot options are you selecting? There should be 4. CFW (sysMMC), CFW (emuMMC), Stock, Fusee.

SD setup always has the latest files just about. It also tells you which version.
At any rate the hekate ipl is configured for 13.0, so the layout will be correct. Its not as though hes installing the other files from their, so despite the fact the rest are updated aswell, it doesnt matter either way, hes using it for the correct template to load atmosphere, which no longer uses sept.
Running atmosphere through anything other than hekate for 99% of things is kind of pointless now aswell. From sd card partitioning, running lakka, android, ubuntu, dumping joycon bt, sd ums to connect to your computer without removing the sd card, autoboot…. booting regularly through fusee is pointless.

Last edited by Jeromy22,

satch4684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if I remember correctly I get the same result trying any of those, default I would always go with CFW (emMMC) but im fairly sure I tried every option and got the same error message.

I cannot test it out anymore, its just decided to stop bringing me to the launch screen altogether out of nowhere. After injecting via USB, it shows the hekate text then stays on a black screen.

dont know think my switch is all messed up or something, might be done. I mean it boots into vanilla fine by just pressing the power but thats it.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if I remember correctly I get the same result trying any of those, default I would always go with CFW (emMMC) but im fairly sure I tried every option and got the same error message.

I cannot test it out anymore, its just decided to stop bringing me to the launch screen altogether out of nowhere. After injecting via USB, it shows the hekate text then stays on a black screen.

dont know think my switch is all messed up or something, might be done. I mean it boots into vanilla fine by just pressing the power but thats it.
Not sure exactly why Hekate won't boot now but the CFW emuMMC option requires you to have made an emunand which I'm assuming you haven't done.

satch4684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure exactly why Hekate won't boot now but the CFW emuMMC option requires you to have made an emunand which I'm assuming you haven't done.

hm, wait ive done this a lot of times, but isn't the nand thing just a back up in case? I know I should, but if u are talking the 'Backup eMMC" option, no I havent done that.

now if you are talking about the "create emuMMC" part where I need to choose the partition and all that, yes I've already done that.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hm, wait ive done this a lot of times, but isn't the nand thing just a back up in case? I know I should, but if u are talking the 'Backup eMMC" option, no I havent done that.

now if you are talking about the "create emuMMC" part where I need to choose the partition and all that, yes I've already done that.
I am talking about the create emuMMC part. So if that is done, I can't really help. I don't use emuMMC so I'm not sure of the issues you can get running it.

satch4684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am talking about the create emuMMC part. So if that is done, I can't really help. I don't use emuMMC so I'm not sure of the issues you can get running it.

ok well thanks anyway and thank you to everyone else who offered advice as well, but looks like its all I can do for now.

im burned out for trying to solve it for 2 days straight, probably gonna have to call it quits and retire the switch for a while again.

Gelyr3397

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

satch4684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can turn on your switch normally without launching it throuhg a CFW, then just factory reset your switch and format your SD card and try your steps from the begining, just download this files to your new sd card from this link and try launching your switch.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

dont forget to use the new fusee payload to launch your CFW.

yes this is what I use normally, those links and not the SD set up, though I simply use an app or two from that. Yeah Im just tired of constantly reformatting and trying again but just so happens I've decided to try everything from scratch one more time.

the fusee thing is confusing me. do I now need the fusee.bin file?? where do I put it?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes this is what I use normally, those links and not the SD set up, though I simply use an app or two from that. Yeah Im just tired of constantly reformatting and trying again but just so happens I've decided to try everything from scratch one more time.

the fusee thing is confusing me. do I now need the fusee.bin file?? where do I put it?
Root of your sd

satch4684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Root of your sd
ok again this is confusing me a bit, I'm supposed to launch from the menu with fusee now, and therefore use fusee sig patches?

before this it was the option of which one to use, which mostly everyone said to just use hekate

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok again this is confusing me a bit, I'm supposed to launch from the menu with fusee now, and therefore use fusee sig patches?

before this it was the option of which one to use, which mostly everyone said to just use hekate
Use fusee, with sigpatches, chainloading from Hekate or another bootloader or send straight from your dongle

Gelyr3397

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

How are you exactly turning your switch on, are you using a dongle or are you connecting it to your computer and using tegrarcm?

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But it doesn't have a speaker or battery.
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Guess you could fit one in there.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The contacts are there, and the device already has charge control circuitry, but you have to buy and solder the battery yourself.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    And that's too fiddly for ole' butterfingers over here.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gimme a finished product please.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    No rough edges either, I might hurt myself.
    +1
    Nah, I can do it within a few mins.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Well yes, I suppose you can, but I can't.
    +1
    If it has a USB port, then you could perhaps try connecting a power bank.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It has USB-C.
    +1
    That should be alright.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Well that was an owie hit my hand on the oven
    Hope you're alright there
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I enjoy the pain
    +1
    Not weird at all
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Who said I was normal
    +1
    I didn't ask
    It's okay to not be normal, act natural
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Ok just because you told me to
    That's fair
    I'm still bloody waiting for my eBay item to arrive, still haven't because of the *fuck you middle finger* pay strikes.
    Can imagine other people waiting for their Xmas gifts.
    Timestamp to the conclusion https://youtu.be/tAtaIZD0Ebs?t=624
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: Timestamp to the conclusion https://youtu.be/tAtaIZD0Ebs?t=624