1. Riggan

OP Riggan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Noob at Switch hacking. I followed a guide last night and seemed to succeed in hacking an unpatched Switch using the latest version of Atmosphere and fusee-primary.bin. I was seeing Atmosphere loading when I'd reboot the Switch, and could access the CFW menu by holding R and hitting A while gallery was highlighted.

After moving the latest RetroArch files to the SD card, I booted the Switch back up with hopes of installing it, but now I'm not seeing Atmosphere loading at all, nor can I get into the CFW menu by holding R on the gallery anymore. It's as if the hack has been undone or something.

Switch serial is in the XAW100 range. SD card is 32GB formatted FAT32. After reinsertion, can confirm the Switch is still recognizing the card.

FYI: Switch has not been connected to the internet one time. Getting RetroArch up and going is my main priority at this point.

Can someone advise on what the issue might be, and how I should proceed from here? Thank you.

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    After powering off the Switch, did you enter RCM and push fusee-primary again?

3. Riggan

OP Riggan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I did not. Is this required after every power off, and/or when the SD card is removed?

4. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes because the hack isn't permanent. Anytime you restart your switch or power it off you have to resend the payload.

5. Idontknowwhattoputhere

United Kingdom
    Heh i was expecting you to come in here bashing this guy for asking a simple question :P
    If you power your switch off you have to resend the payload to get cfw

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You must push fusee-primary each time you completely power off your system. As already stated, Atmosphere is not a permanent modification.

7. Riggan

OP Riggan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the replies. The walkthrough I followed did not mention that so I was unaware. I resent the payload, got back into the custom menu, installed RetroArch, and am playing 90's Arcade games on the Switch. :D

Clapmaster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphere, RetroArch, Loading