Atmosphere installable on modded Switch OLED?

MSco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I consider changing from my V1 switch to a modded OLED switch due to the OLED screen, better battery and better processor (overclocking is better on V2/OLED than on V1).

I have found a shop where to buy a modded OLED switch. On the screenshots it looks like there is sxos installed. However, I would like to install atmosphere on it.
Is this possible on a modded switch oled?

Does a modded switch oled has any disadvantages compared to a V1 switch?
Is the booting method (RCM + hekate) as reliable as on the V1 switch?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I consider changing from my V1 switch to a modded OLED switch due to the OLED screen, better battery and better processor (overclocking is better on V2/OLED than on V1).

I have found a shop where to buy a modded OLED switch. On the screenshots it looks like there is sxos installed. However, I would like to install atmosphere on it.
Is this possible on a modded switch oled?

Does a modded switch oled has any disadvantages compared to a V1 switch?
Is the booting method (RCM + hekate) as reliable as on the V1 switch?
I recommend asking in the Switch Noobs Paradise instead.

Reactions: binkinator

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's possible, it's the same process as setting up atmosphere on v1 switch, only difference is that you put hekate bin file on root directory of sd card and rename it to payload.bin. The modchip will glitch the switch and load payload.bin on sd card automatically.

Disadvantage: There's an extra modchip inside your switch, and some soldering points are very delicate on oled, so yeah if you use it on the go it might cause stability issues. Also android/l4t ubuntu won't work, but that's about it from my experience

About stability, it's not rock solid. Out of like 20 boots I get 1-2 boots to stock firmware, 1-2 no sd error and occasional long glitch time. I'm pretty confident with my soldering so I guess it's the OLED special chip's fault. So maybe you want to get a flashable chip installed. Good thing is that you don't need to reboot to rcm and inject payload every time you power it off.

Reactions: stephrk398 and MSco

XGARXS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it's possible, it's the same process as setting up atmosphere on v1 switch, only difference is that you put hekate bin file on root directory of sd card and rename it to payload.bin. The modchip will glitch the switch and load payload.bin on sd card automatically.

Disadvantage: There's an extra modchip inside your switch, and some soldering points are very delicate on oled, so yeah if you use it on the go it might cause stability issues. Also android/l4t ubuntu won't work, but that's about it from my experience

About stability, it's not rock solid. Out of like 20 boots I get 1-2 boots to stock firmware, 1-2 no sd error and occasional long glitch time. I'm pretty confident with my soldering so I guess it's the OLED special chip's fault. So maybe you want to get a flashable chip installed. Good thing is that you don't need to reboot to rcm and inject payload every time you power it off.
Why it might cause stability issues on the go? I am planning to add the chip in my oled to use it only on the go.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why it might cause stability issues on the go? I am planning to add the chip in my oled to use it only on the go.
Just do some search on the forum, many people have reported glitch chip malfunction because of bad dat0 connection. The adapter is making contact with dat0 solder ball with friction and it could get loose. Tell the modder to reflow the emmc chip, that should solve the problem.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nothing yet for the OLED? No even a POC? I mean for softmod with no soldering involved.
Chances are really, really, really, really slim. SciresM have rewritten the whole system twice and yet to find an exploitable bug. Nintendo did great job on the security on the Switch. Nvidia not so much.

• Wow
Reactions: ElYubiYubi

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Chances are really, really, really, really slim. SciresM have rewritten the whole system twice and yet to find an exploitable bug. Nintendo did great job on the security on the Switch. Nvidia not so much.
The eshop have all sorts of shitty games. Maybe one of them holds the golden ticket.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!