Hacking Question Atmosphere General Questions

Shoruk3n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

So after exFAT corruption and using SX OS a while, I've made the switch to Atmosphere and fat32. Have a few small issues here and there.

Basics:

Atmosphere v0.14.1 Emummc
FW v10.1.0
hbmenu v3.3.0
chainloading via sx dongle --> fusee primary

My concerns:

1. EdiZon (3.0.1) is not responsive to input, but I am able to exit without issue using the home button. EdiZon nightly (3.1.0) crashes Atmosphere when updating, requiring reboot. This is a major bummer because EdiZon was one of the main reasons I made the switch away from SX OS.

2. I backed up my saves using blawar's tinfoil, but there is no option to restore my saves after I copy the tinfoil/saves folder back to my SD card. Would love some guidance on this so I can restore my saves.

3. Is it best to install homebrew via hb app store, or download the nros directly and copy to SD? Or does it not matter?

4. I used sigpatch updater to install sigpatches. Is this an acceptable way to handle sigpatches or should I expect issues?

Thanks all for any help!

Zaiphon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well i can only tell this much:

1. I never used EdiZon so saldy i cant help with that

2. Never did a backup of my saves, sadly cant help with that as well.

3&4. both are way to do it, i copy them via cable and pc, but the hb app store and the sigpatch updater are good to use. But im not sure if they are updated as soon new sig patches or homebrew updates are out.

Maybe one else can help as well.

roarn20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can probably give JKSV a try in regards to reinjecting your save file. The only thing is I don't know if the save structure between either Edizon or tinfoil is the same, but it would be good to give it a try anyways. You might have to do an initial save through JKSV for the folders to appear, but once that is done you should be able to just copy it into the respective folders and reload the save through the JKSV homebrew app.

Usually my switch is always offline so I always download the nros and then copy it to my sd card. I would say in my opinion that this would be the best way to not get any bans. You could use the dns that blocks nintendo servers if you like, its the same thing, but just to be safe, doing everything offline is much safer.

I've never used the sigpatch updater as I just download them from the forums and just install it on my sd card, but I believe its the same thing and should work as is. I agree as Zaiphon said, not sure also if its updated as quick.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

So after exFAT corruption and using SX OS a while, I've made the switch to Atmosphere and fat32. Have a few small issues here and there.

Basics:

Atmosphere v0.14.1 Emummc
FW v10.1.0
hbmenu v3.3.0
chainloading via sx dongle --> fusee primary

My concerns:

1. EdiZon (3.0.1) is not responsive to input, but I am able to exit without issue using the home button. EdiZon nightly (3.1.0) crashes Atmosphere when updating, requiring reboot. This is a major bummer because EdiZon was one of the main reasons I made the switch away from SX OS.

2. I backed up my saves using blawar's tinfoil, but there is no option to restore my saves after I copy the tinfoil/saves folder back to my SD card. Would love some guidance on this so I can restore my saves.

3. Is it best to install homebrew via hb app store, or download the nros directly and copy to SD? Or does it not matter?

4. I used sigpatch updater to install sigpatches. Is this an acceptable way to handle sigpatches or should I expect issues?

Thanks all for any help!
  1. Are you using Title Override?
  2. Don't use DZ for save file management
  3. Its better to copy them to the SD card
  4. No you should download patches and place them on your SD card manually as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1