Atmosphere Error Code: 2162-0002 (0x4a2)

Gandalf2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
261352309_953261598907135_6500040590635689214_n.png

I can't boot up atmosphere at all. Getting this error screen.

Background: I installed Metroid Dread and it would not load. I expect I needed to update the OS but left it and later on, the deep menu messed up (only loading instead of showing game titles and images). So I did a reboot and started getting this error.

I think the is a menu problem but I don't know how to fix it as I only have access to the Hekete menu. I have tried a clean install of HATs by sthetix...also tried updated everything basically. At this point it has been a few weeks and I can't use my switch at all, I could really use any solution that will get me up and running again, even if I lose save game data.

NOTE: This is not a theme issue. I have never installed themes and have no /atmosphere/contents/0100000000001000 folder on my switch.

I am willing to format and start over but I have never done that. Should I do a fresh backup of eMMC/NAND? Can I backup save game data?

Thank you!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 291341

I can't boot up atmosphere at all. Getting this error screen.

Background: I installed Metroid Dread and it would not load. I expect I needed to update the OS but left it and later on, the deep menu messed up (only loading instead of showing game titles and images). So I did a reboot and started getting this error.

I think the is a menu problem but I don't know how to fix it as I only have access to the Hekete menu. I have tried a clean install of HATs by sthetix...also tried updated everything basically. At this point it has been a few weeks and I can't use my switch at all, I could really use any solution that will get me up and running again, even if I lose save game data.

NOTE: This is not a theme issue. I have never installed themes and have no /atmosphere/contents/0100000000001000 folder on my switch.

I am willing to format and start over but I have never done that. Should I do a fresh backup of eMMC/NAND? Can I backup save game data?

Thank you!
Atmosphere is outdated as well as fw and that error is a theme data error

Reactions: BigOnYa

Gandalf2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Atmosphere is outdated as well as fw and that error is a theme data error
I've tried the latest atmosphere and it didn't help. I can't update firmware since the thing won't boot. And if it is a theme error, perhaps you can offer any kind of solution to fixing it?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried the latest atmosphere and it didn't help. I can't update firmware since the thing won't boot. And if it is a theme error, perhaps you can offer any kind of solution to fixing it?
Yes u can update fw as atmosphere v1.2.5 supports it

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update my firmware if I can't boot my switch? Can't get to homebrew?
Delete the atmosphere folder from your SD card, redownload the latest versions of Atmosphere and fusee.bin, put Atmosphere onto your SD card (overwriting anything it wants to), and boot the system using fusee.bin. What happens?

Reactions: impeeza and BigOnYa

Gandalf2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Delete the atmosphere folder from your SD card, redownload the latest versions of Atmosphere and fusee.bin, put Atmosphere onto your SD card (overwriting anything it wants to), and boot the system using fusee.bin. What happens?
I have done that and get the same error.

Gandalf2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you completely delete the atmosphere folder when I previously suggested

Did you completely delete the atmosphere folder when I previously suggested it?
I didn't just now because I completely deleted it last time I updated it. I believe I installed HATS according to someone's suggestion last time. I have completely deleted the atmosphere folder and added a new one a few times now and get this same kind of error screen every time.

Gandalf2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't just now because I completely deleted it last time I updated it. I believe I installed HATS according to someone's suggestion last time. I have completely deleted the atmosphere folder and added a new one a few times now and get this same kind of error screen every time.
I also completely deleted bootloader and added the one from HATS.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also completely deleted bootloader and added the one from HATS.
If you actually did the following and are still receiving the same error, then I don't know what your problem is.
  1. Delete the atmosphere folder from your SD card
  2. Redownload the latest version of Atmosphere and put it onto your SD card
  3. Redownload the latest fusee.bin
  4. Boot your system using the fusee.bin you just downloaded

Reactions: impeeza

Gandalf2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you actually did the following and are still receiving the same error, then I don't know what your problem is.
  1. Delete the atmosphere folder from your SD card
  2. Redownload the latest version of Atmosphere and put it onto your SD card
  3. Redownload the latest fusee.bin
  4. Boot your system using the fusee.bin you just downloaded
Yes. I definitely did all of that before I even posted.

No one seems to have an answer at this point, so I'm stuck. Do you know if I can start over from backup somehow? I'm willing to put the extra work in to not have a bricked Switch. Even if I have to lose all of my save games and reinstall all of my games.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I definitely did all of that before I even posted.

No one seems to have an answer at this point, so I'm stuck. Do you know if I can start over from backup somehow? I'm willing to put the extra work in to not have a bricked Switch. Even if I have to lose all of my save games and reinstall all of my games.
You could try updating in the system settings if you don't care about getting banned (if you aren't banned already).

Also, what did you do exactly that caused the problem?

Gandalf2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could try updating in the system settings if you don't care about getting banned (if you aren't banned already).

Also, what did you do exactly that caused the problem?
I am not banned but I don't really care about getting banned. I have another Switch for buying games to play online multiplayer. I had my Custom firmware set to block all Nintendo servers anyway. So I guess I'm okay.

Will it burn more fuses? I'm not really clear on how that works.

Also thank you so much for all of this help.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not banned but I don't really care about getting banned. I have another Switch for buying games to play online multiplayer. I had my Custom firmware set to block all Nintendo servers anyway.
If you have pirated titles installed to the sysMMC or emuMMC that you are going to update in the system settings, then you will get banned if you connect to Nintendo's servers and update in the system settings.

Will it burn more fuses?
If you don't have AutoRCM presently installed, then you probably already have a fuse count of 15, which isn't going to change if you update to 13.2.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: sup