Question Atmosphere doesnt boot up in newly hacked switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by QueenMawina, Sep 23, 2019.

1. QueenMawina
    OP

QueenMawina Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Spain
    Hi, ive recently helped a friend of mine on hacking the switch and buying the right tools, we have been able to set up emuMMC and make a nand backup, but when we try to boot it up, i get past the atmosphere logo, but the nintendo switch logo doesnt appear at all and hangs there.
    I have taken the files from sdsetup.com, so I dont know what I am really doing wrong. Any help?
    Version 9.0, we have checked the switch is not patched

2. ComicMaster148

ComicMaster148 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 23, 2018
    United States
    Did you get the new nintendo switch or the original release switch?

3. QueenMawina
    OP

QueenMawina Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Spain
    original release, i have checked the switch is not patched, thats not the problem

4. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    SD Files? Eww.

Manually download the newest Atmosphere release and copy the files over your old ones replacing any it asks to. Then try again.

Also what format is your SD card in? If you haven't updated officially with the sdcard in you won't have the exFAT driver so make sure you're using FAT32.

Last edited by Dave_Chad, Sep 23, 2019
  5. QueenMawina
    OP

QueenMawina Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Spain
    It seems like SD format is the problem, is it fine if the emunand partition is FAT32, and the partition where the atmosphere files are located is exfat?

6. chippy

chippy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    I had a similar problem. Hekate wouldn't boot atmosphere using the kosmos package. Just load the fuse primary payload and it should work

7. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    It's fine but why use exFAT? exFAT is not recommended.

8. QueenMawina
    OP

QueenMawina Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Spain
    our problem after all was using exfat without the exfat drivers, now it works well!
    honestly no idea, mostly because my experience with exfat wasnt bad at all and worked flawlessly, ill use fat32 for future switches

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted