Hacking Atmosphere crash when downloading large eShop updates on file-based emuMMC

dc9884

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play online and use the eShop on a file-based emuMMC using Atmosphere (11.0.1 | AMS M.18.1 | E) and in general use this works perfectly. However, when downloading large updates from the eShop, like SSBU 11.0 or a large Rocket League update, Atmosphere will crash:

Error Code: 2002-3502 (0x1b5c02)
Program: 01000000000000E

This only happens with large updates, downloading games for the first time from the eShop has always worked. Any sort of workaround? Happy to also submit a bug if that helps? Thanks!

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Module 01000000000000E is the 'friends' module.
But Error Code: 2002-3502 seems to be related to the SD card according to other posts.
Maybe there is something wrong with your SD card (where the emuMMC is on).
Maybe there are some tools to check the integrity of the SD card.

dc9884

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve tried multiple SD cards, so I don’t think it’s a physical issue with the card. Perhaps the way the write operations are done with large update files is the issue, but that doesn’t necessarily explain why the workaround works, which is just deleting the game and downloading it from scratch again from the eShop?

@m4xw apologies for tagging, but let me know if it’s helpful to further log, test, or anything else (in case this is even close to the top of your priority list). If not, happy to live with the workaround and thanks for your great work on file based eMMC!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve tried multiple SD cards, so I don’t think it’s a physical issue with the card. Perhaps the way the write operations are done with large update files is the issue, but that doesn’t necessarily explain why the workaround works, which is just deleting the game and downloading it from scratch again from the eShop?

@m4xw apologies for tagging, but let me know if it’s helpful to further log, test, or anything else (in case this is even close to the top of your priority list). If not, happy to live with the workaround and thanks for your great work on file based eMMC!
Why not just use a partition-based emuMMC?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could always be that you are maxing out the switch's sd reader. Aka too many iops. I wonder if this would happen on sysnand with atmosphere.

dc9884

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, all FAT32.

Why not just use a partition-based emuMMC?
I could; originally it was because I have 2 emuMMC + Android on one SD and so getting everything partitioned and set up correctly was much easier with file based, and it was easier to resize the emuMMC to save wasted system partition space. I think Hektate has made this a bit easier since, but I don’t want to have to wipe my card and reparation it unless I really have to.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could; originally it was because I have 2 emuMMC + Android on one SD and so getting everything partitioned and set up correctly was much easier with file based, and it was easier to resize the emuMMC to save wasted system partition space. I think Hektate has made this a bit easier since, but I don’t want to have to wipe my card and reparation it unless I really have to.
Not wiping your SD card is acceptable for your console crashing when downloading updates? Seems kinda weird to me.

dc9884

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not wiping your SD card is acceptable for your console crashing when downloading updates? Seems kinda weird to me.

eh, the workaround (archiving the game and redownloading it) is easy enough; I don’t have a data cap so it’s fine, was just hoping there was a better fix as there’s no way to tell in advance which updates will make it crash

dc9884

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works! I tested with Rocket League and SSBU, two games that always used to crash the system, and both downloading updates and moving to system storage on emuMMC works great.

There is one caveat though that I experienced; if the console falls asleep during the operation, it won’t wake back up and has to be rebooted. I just temporarily turned off auto sleep, and no more issues! Great to see

Reactions: HenryMin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O