ATI HyperMemory?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Bently, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Bently
    OP

Bently GBAtemp Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Hey Tempers! I recently found out about the technology to convert RAM into VRAM; HyperMemory (For ATI, NVidia is under another name). Anyways, last month I had recieved my HP Pavilion G42-243CL Laptop and I wanted to know if I could use HyperMemory.

I heard the settings for Hypermemory is located in the BIOS, but my laptop's BIOS doesn't have a setting for VRAM (or any others in particular).
    The BIOS is called Phoenix or something similar to that name. If anyone could help me out, i'd be grateful [​IMG].

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    To me, this sounds exactly like the "shared memory" of IGPs. I don't get what's so special about it.

Also, the BIOS manufacturer are called Phoenix Technologies. The BIOS won't have any special name, just a version number. Here's the wiki. I remember that they were the ones that made the BIOS for my earlier computers (PentiumII and earlier).

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It's the same, there's nothing special.

People still think that RAM is a measurement of speed, though.

4. Bently
    OP

Bently GBAtemp Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    I found out that my BIOS is actually InsydeH2O, thanks for your repleis though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice