ATI HyperMemory?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Bently, Nov 28, 2010.

Nov 28, 2010

ATI HyperMemory? by Bently at 7:55 AM (708 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Bently
    OP

Member Bently GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hey Tempers! I recently found out about the technology to convert RAM into VRAM; HyperMemory (For ATI, NVidia is under another name). Anyways, last month I had recieved my HP Pavilion G42-243CL Laptop and I wanted to know if I could use HyperMemory.

I heard the settings for Hypermemory is located in the BIOS, but my laptop's BIOS doesn't have a setting for VRAM (or any others in particular).
    The BIOS is called Phoenix or something similar to that name. If anyone could help me out, i'd be grateful [​IMG].

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    To me, this sounds exactly like the "shared memory" of IGPs. I don't get what's so special about it.

Also, the BIOS manufacturer are called Phoenix Technologies. The BIOS won't have any special name, just a version number. Here's the wiki. I remember that they were the ones that made the BIOS for my earlier computers (PentiumII and earlier).

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It's the same, there's nothing special.

People still think that RAM is a measurement of speed, though.

4. Bently
    OP

Member Bently GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I found out that my BIOS is actually InsydeH2O, thanks for your repleis though.