At this time, which flashcard is receiving the best support?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DarkMario616, Nov 11, 2012.

1. DarkMario616
    OP

Member DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My sister will be getting a 3DS for Christmas, so I'm pretty damn sure her R4 will not work. Therefore, I'll be buying her a new flashcard.

I understand I could easily search for something like this but I assume most of the threads I will find are old and not current.

Also, is it true the Acekard 2i HAS BEEN BLOCKED? I haven't touched mine in quite a while and I read somewhere that it was <_<...

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    The two best flashcards that still have support and still work on the 3DS would be the R4i Gold (url on card http://www.r4ids.cn/) and the Supercard DSTwo.
    I also suggest buying from nds-card.com since they are GBAtemp's official sponsor, so buying from them supports the Temp! :mthr:

3. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    Supercard DSTwo has its on-board CPU so it'll probably be a lot harder to permanently block than the R4i Gold.

4. DarkMario616
    OP

Member DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Mmmm. Is there any difference between the two? I remember always hearing when the Supercard came out that it was going to be on the top (well go figure!).

I'm surprised it's so cheap (well the R4i...$16 bucks? Wooo!)

Oh wow, the Supercard is $40 <_< I don't expect her to use the flashcard as much anymore, so I think I might as well just go with the R4i GOLD.

5. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    The Supercard DSTwo has a CPU with some ram, so it can emulate GBA games as well has a better SNES emulator. It also has a better update support because of the onboard CPU, so it most likely take a lot more to block with 3DS updates.

The R4i Gold uses Wood R4 and updated hardware to support more rom headers, so it does have better support for 3DS updates compared to cards like Acekard 2i, but no one knows how long that will last.