AT&T Wireless cards... A few questions

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by swimmeringer, Jun 29, 2009.

Jun 29, 2009
  1. swimmeringer
    OP

Member swimmeringer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, being the guy I am, I've been looking for a wireless internet card for my laptop to get internet basically everywhere, be it in the car or at a friend's house with no wi-fi.

Let me cut right to the quick with some of these questions:

If I pay for a 2-year contract, do I still pay some other fees?
    If a card is listed as "refurbished" and with a discount because of that (making the total cost "free", incl. the 2 year contract) does that make the card actually free for 2 years? Free internet everywhere for 2 years?

And if someone could maybe just explain the basics of this sort of thing, that would be nice too.

*I know it's not EVERYWHERE but, you know.

I'm kinda new to this sort of stuff, so if I get anything horribly wrong please correct me in a nice, calm fashion.

Any help would be nice. Thank you.
    Card in question

2. Ethanx94

Member Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I do not recommend. Nearly all aircards have 5GB a month bandwidth caps. The only one that doesn't is Alltel and that's what I'm on now, however its been randomly disconnecting all the time because of the verizon merger. If you need to use vpn it's an major annoyance. However I think this may be due to my Cyfre router which also sucks. Anyway, you can try it for 15 days and not have to get into a contract but just ask for a prl update while your there or else you'll have to call their shit customer service 3-4 times because they send you an older one instead!
    RAGE

3. swimmeringer
    OP

Member swimmeringer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Then what is a good card to get?

4. Ethanx94

Member Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I truly don't know. I guess this one after they resolve the issues but other than that I think millenicom might not have them but I'm not sure. Speed wise though GSM are supposedly faster than CDMA so I guess if your after speed then AT&T is for you.