ROM Hack Assistance with Braindump and Homebrew

mad_raine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Posting this here as I read that this would be better than using the Ask! option. If this is the wrong forum pls let me know.)

tutorial I'm using: http://wololo.net/2015/10/28/tutorial-hack-pack-3ds-rom-use-hans/

So I'm incredibly new to this type of modding/hacking. I'm trying to perform step 2. However, Braindump just goes through all the files inside of the original and never actually gets to the part where you choose the game you want dumped. As an example, it goes-/3ds/braindump-master/, to,/3ds/braindump-master/braindump-master/, and then, /3ds/braindump-master/braindump-master/source/.

If it helps in anyway I have a new 3ds xl running firmware 11.0, I've gotten Homebrew to run, and I'm attempting to get that incredible Gay Awakening hack to work on my digital copy.

If there is anything else it would help for me to post please let me know.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you download brainsump from? You should only have braindump.3dsx and braindump.xml in your braindump folder of your 3ds folder.

mad_raine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you download brainsump from? You should only have braindump.3dsx and braindump.xml in your braindump folder of your 3ds folder.
i honestly googled it and downloaded the latest file the master file from neo brain(i believe that was their name?) is there a file im missing?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Erase everything braindump related off of your SD card.
2) Download the latest braindump release from here.
3) Extract it, place the braindump folder from that file into the 3ds folder of your SD card.
4) Run it through homebrew and you should now be able to pick a game to dump.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you so much, i have to go out but I'll definitely do this when i get back. seriously thanks
Actually, don't use the braindump version I linked to you earlier. Use the one attached to this post.

Attachments

• braindump.rar
    192.8 KB · Views: 277
Last edited by KunoichiZ,

mad_raine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the .rar u linked me and is now doing the dumping. thanks dude i can finally move on with the gay. cant wait!

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I too am having a problem with this. After finishing the dump, it tells me that it is "data is incomplete," which leaves nothing on my SD card. I have a digital copy of Birthright I'm trying to dump, and someone on /r/3dshacks reccomended me to install this in order to dump digital copies, as before it was only giving me a red screen.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I too am having a problem with this. After finishing the dump, it tells me that it is "data is incomplete," which leaves nothing on my SD card. I have a digital copy of Birthright I'm trying to dump, and someone on /r/3dshacks reccomended me to install this in order to dump digital copies, as before it was only giving me a red screen.
The only things that I can think of that may be wrong is A) make sure the game card is all the way in the 3DS (most likely not the issue) or B) not enough space on your SD card.

Are you using the copy in the .rar that I uploaded or a different copy?

And believe it or not, that someone who helped you on /r/3dshacks was me!

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah! Well, thank you again. I don't have a card for the game; it's a digital copy. My SD card is 64 GB, so, plenty of space. I installed menuhax on 11.0, if that helps. And indeed, I used your .rar. I've tried running it about 5 times in all, now, to no avail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water