Homebrew Question Assimp for the Switch?

Satella

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

First of all, I hope I'm at the proper place for this - I didn't find a special subreddit or discord for that kind of questions.

Has anyone tried to compile/successfully compiled Assimp for the Nintendo Switch?

I am absolutely no expert on the subject (I never really used cmake, mingw, aarch64 directly - only Visual Studio), but I've tried compiling it with the following commands (after setting the static library flag) :

Code:
cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles"
mingw32-make

However, the libassimp.a file generated still throws me some linking errors (here's one for reference but I'm actually getting more, all pretty much of the same but with different functions) :

Code:
1>c:/devkitpro/devkita64/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/8.3.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld.exe: Model.o: in function `aiMaterial::GetTextureCount(aiTextureType) const':
1>C:/devkitPro/portlibs/switch/include/assimp/material.inl:82: undefined reference to `aiGetMaterialTextureCount'

I'm assuming this is because I didn't compile it with aarch64? I didn't manage to do it with aarch64, but again, since I'm not really sure what I'm doing, I don't even know if that would help.

Thanks !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night