Question Asphalt 9 no wifi connection

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Gamerxxx, Oct 9, 2019 at 2:00 AM.

1. Gamerxxx
    OP

Gamerxxx GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2018
    Chile
    Is there a possibility to modify the Asphalt 9 so that it works without permanent Wi-Fi connection?

platanos and lionheartzel like this.
  2. TamarindoJuice

TamarindoJuice GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    Brazil
    I hope so. Maybe some way to edit the game files and access the asphalt servers directly without the nintendo auth. Just like they did with the Youtube App.

Last edited by TamarindoJuice, Oct 9, 2019 at 2:15 AM
  3. mathew77

mathew77 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2019
    Norway
    Interesting, what it will be, savefiles or cheats for dmnt's machine, or, maybe, even LayeredFS mod?..

4. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    YouTube works on different principals. It's not taking Informations from your NSO account to make profile.

5. mathew77

mathew77 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2019
    Norway
    But one can make completely fake nso account, then use incognito and reach Quick Race = full OFFLINE mode on a non-banned console, 'cause it's a free $0 game, isn't he/she?..

UPD: heard some info about Offline mode unlocking after 13th online race.

Last edited by mathew77, Oct 9, 2019 at 8:49 AM
  6. carlskie

carlskie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2017
    Philippines
    hope someone can upload a savefile so we can access offline mode

7. 133mhz

133mhz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2018
    United Kingdom
    yup hoping someone could upload save

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. yitzhaka

yitzhaka Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2018
    Israel
  9. mathew77

mathew77 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2019
    Norway
    yitzhaka but they're not in Checkpoint backup saves format, I guess?

10. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    What are you talking about?
    Only difference between apps are folder names...

11. mathew77

mathew77 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2019
    Norway
    Are you able to use these saves to launch the game offline?.. If so, how to do it?

12. Gamerxxx
    OP

Gamerxxx GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2018
    Chile
    I edit: these saved files should be in the format given by the checkpoint

Last edited by Gamerxxx, Oct 10, 2019 at 7:06 PM
    mathew77 likes this.
  13. alex81

alex81 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2019
    Germany
    Thanks for the files. But after restore the save files the game still asks for a connection.

14. Gamerxxx
    OP

Gamerxxx GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2018
    Chile
    This is because the friend who shares these files must have forgotten to put the offline mode option inside the game

mathew77 likes this.
  15. Gamerxxx
    OP

Gamerxxx GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2018
    Chile
    This is because the friend who shares these files must have forgotten to put the offline mode option inside the game

16. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Jul 28, 2015
    Turkey
    This game doesnt need Nintendo Switch Online Subscruption. So just use incognito and play the game online.

17. Gamerxxx
    OP

Gamerxxx GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2018
    Chile

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you can't play that way it's already verified

Last edited by Gamerxxx, Oct 10, 2019 at 8:28 PM
  18. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I don't think it's just a "scum" move. I think it also has to do with the fact that there are real-time achievements, such as club ranking and whatwhore'vyou.

19. mathew77

mathew77 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2019
    Norway
    tf with all that online shit. We just need a simple offline Quick Race / Career mode for god's sake.

20. Gamerxxx
    OP

Gamerxxx GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2018
    Chile
    everything is possible

21. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I think people here and in the gaming scene really overdo the anger when it comes to things like this. I can see how it can be upsetting, but when people say, "Pshhh. Saves me a download. Waste of a game" and overdo it, it's really annoying and immature. You don't "need" it. And as stated, you must realize that this is a port of a mobile game. MANY upper-end mobile titles such as this need to be connected to the servers to play. This is nothing new. And it'd likely be nonsensical to change it simply for the Switch's release. And as stated before, they have legitimate reason in doing so; you have a club, interact with others, and it NEEDS that connection to apply the club reputation. Club reputation is gained through ALL modes. It'd be silly to not need online for this game. It would sincerely fuck things up if you were to need to connect to online, after playing offline, to "add" your reputation points. It would make that leaderboard and stats super unstable, and likely wouldn't work with the game at all. Not to mention, microtransactions. I understand the frustration, but there are legit reasons here. Look at Fortnite. There's creative mode, so why don't you complain that you must be connected to online to play your own-made levels? See, the complaining over this, while I understand where it's coming from, is super childish and immature, and you're ignoring logic, just because you're cranky that you need to be connected to online just to play. And with most video game playing, it's rare to be away from wifi. Sure, trips are a thing, but most people don't use their switch lite when driving on the expressway... Again, I understand the frustration and where you're coming from, but it's a FAR taken out of proportion here, and it's almost like people like to find things to complain about. Kind of like that "No national dex? That means I won't be getting this game because that means it sucks" idiot train-of-thought. Because of course, that means the game will suck /s.

Jesus guys, come the hell on... this is childish...

SuzieJoeBob likes this.
  22. Gamerxxx
    This message by Gamerxxx has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 10, 2019 at 9:18 PM, Reason: Offtopic.
    Oct 10, 2019 at 9:04 PM
  23. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 10, 2019 at 9:17 PM, Reason: No need for that.
    Oct 10, 2019 at 9:05 PM
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted