• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wow, I have been considering getting a thermal printer. the one on amazon. it need to take cheap papers.
Thermal printing paper is fairly cheap. The cheapest method to thermal print is thermo direct, where the printer does not need any other material than the paper (It's what cash registers use, also the same tech used in the GB printer) but it will fade under UV.
For this, the paper must be reactive to the heat of the print head, making it a bit more expensive than a roll of "plain" paper, which is easily offset by the costs saved on heat transfer ink ribbon.
Post automatically merged:

I have something you can print
Waluigi.png

Last edited by Localhorst86,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thermal printing paper is fairly cheap. The cheapest method to thermal print is thermo direct, where the printer does not need any other material than the paper (It's what cash registers use, also the same tech used in the GB printer) but it will fade under UV.
For this, the paper must be reactive to the heat of the print head, making it a bit more expensive than a roll of "plain" paper, which is easily offset by the costs saved on heat transfer ink ribbon.
You can thermal print on any paper if you use enough heat :tpi:

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol