ROM Hack Suggestion Art of Rally - Graphic optimisation/patch

jnl1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there,

I am wondering if it is possible to optimise the graphics in Art of Rally, which came out recently.
Especially the shadows popping up suddenly in the track is quite disturbing.
The switch should handle rendering those shadows earlier, I think? I mean there are not so many objects in the track anyway.
I have seen many incredible things for other games (thinking of the fabulous graphic patch for THPS1+2), so I was hoping that someone could do something :)

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The game came out on steam so to cut down costs the game is just a direct port. I don't have the game but due to your description I would bet they use Unity as game engine.
Unity is a very ressource heavy game engine and most games never get optimized for their target platform means the faster the hardware the better Unity runs the game. Unity games are easy to create but very hard to optimize.
The Switch is a potato hardware wise so there won't be any improvements. Best thing you can hope for is disabling shadows to not have that popup effect.

In fact it would be already an achievement if the game runs stable on the Switch.
Games run much better if they are directly developed for the target platform.

Last edited by GothicIII,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.