Gaming Around the house portable media streaming

kuemerle5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I would like to know if such a device(I'm thinking similar dimensions to an iPod) exists that sole purpose is to play my music collection that is stored somewhere else (mostly on the home network on a computer). Is there such a device out there that will do that? Basically I want an MP3 player whose storage is located on another computer. Thanks for all of you suggestions in advance!

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
are you looking for something that you can store all your music on a PC and listen to it from another room without having to be at the PC? if so i can't think of anything small like an ipod but i use a PS3 in the living room and in the bedroom to stream music/movies from my PC.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you might be able to do it with certain smart phones. i think i remember reading that windows media player can stream media to some smart phones so you might want to look into that.

kuemerle5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are applications for phones and iPod Touches, but those also have local storage. What I would like to see is just a device that has enough storage for the operating system and to cache a few songs.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how much music are you trying to store exactly? i have a 16GB microsd in my cell phone and its plenty enough space for all my music...if you store all your music on a pc and stream it to your device you would only be able to use it at home/in the range of your router though.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you want something that can connect to your network and access your computer files. You want something that can support SMB clients. Personally I have a hacked Original Xbox that I have connected in my network via wireless router to hacked wireless router. If you want some more info message me.

Edit: Nvm didn't read the portable part.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
It seems what you are looking for a Portable device that only streams from one "cloud" source.

It seems that in most cases, the very thing you ask for would deem the device not so portable, as wifi is not everywhere, and if youre streaming from a networked IP, youll have to stay within radius of your router also.

It seems a bit backwards that you would be asking for something like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay