ARMS

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by RitchieRitchie, Jul 24, 2017.

1. RitchieRitchie
    OP

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    I got ARMS on the spur of a the moment even though I don't really like fighting games - hate all the special move button combinations you have to remember etc - although I have always liked boxing games (going back to Barryy McGuigan's Boxing on the C64, Knockout Kings, Fight Night.)

Anyway, after the first hour I was close to selling it as I couldn't get into it all and then I suddenly realised how important the jump/dash moves. Since then I've played it a lot and absolutely love it. Anyone else been surprised how good ARMS is?

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    "Arms seem like they ruined Punch Out!!" -Sonicangelknight 2017 :P

Is a fighting game but not a common one, yes is like boxing, not like street fighter or mortal kombat (Which I prefer over the others) I wouldn't be surprised if some Punchout characters showed up like Little mac Doc Louis, or whatever, but is just me, I may buy it with that kind of DLC character. :)

Still Boxing games isn't common, Punchout is the first I played, I tried others, Ready 2 rumble was a fun one, just about all I actually liked. Still I prefer street fighter. I can see nintendo taking interest in fighting games more, guess they noticed a lack of them, they could have just maybe got some more games like dead or alive 5 port, A tekken game or soul calibur port of some kind, Maybe virtua fighter 5 port, just to name a few.

Anyway is not a bad game, I didn't play much but the global "testpunch" it was as i said, ruined punchout game. But is really is own kind of game. I could mention Urban Champion, kinda the most primitive boxing game, more than punchout to be honest. :unsure:

RitchieRitchie likes this.
  3. RitchieRitchie
    OP

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    Yeah, in think it's a matter of taste - I can't get into the games you mentioned like Street Fighter but for ARMS is awesome! Anyway, thanks for replying and have a good one!

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well I was just stating a opinion. I don't think is a bad game, I wouldn't mind having it, But I wouldn't consider it worth $60 for the kind of game it is and what content it offers. If the free updates offer more in the future, perhaps is worth it to me. I like the idea of the new gameplay while still feeling like a arcade game, but i mostly like the arcade style action gameplay rather than strict simulation, that why i play NBA JAM over NBA 2K, for example.

RitchieRitchie likes this.