Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

Zech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
question about the security of updating A9LH auReinand sysNand. How safe is it to update A9LH with auReinand? Does it have like a anti-overwrite? And a member told me to put a "installeda9lh" file inside rei folder. So how to i put in a installeda9lh file? And what does it do? Also do i have to install aomething for added security?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question about the security of updating A9LH auReinand sysNand. How safe is it to update A9LH with auReinand? Does it have like a anti-overwrite? And a member told me to put a "installeda9lh" file inside rei folder. So how to i put in a installeda9lh file? And what does it do? Also do i have to install aomething for added security?
If you're not using a boot manager (which it probably still wouldn't matter), then you're fine.
It's safe to update both emuNAND and sysNAND with AuReiNAND.

But to create that file, open notepad and save the file as "installeda9lh", but remove the .txt extension.

Reactions: Zech

Zech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're not using a boot manager (which it probably still wouldn't matter), then you're fine.
It's safe to update both emuNAND and sysNAND with AuReiNAND.

But to create that file, open notepad and save the file as "installeda9lh", but remove the .txt extension.

thank you for your response :) I'm curious, what does the installeda9lh file do?

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thank you for your response :) I'm curious, what does the installeda9lh file do?

I would like to know this too, i am hearing 2 different things

If you want to update you sysnand you need installeda9lh in your rei folder and others have told me AuRei automatically protects the firms

Confused here also

Reactions: Zech

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece

If you want to update you sysnand you need installeda9lh in your rei folder and others have told me AuRei automatically protects the firms

Confused here also
It has become an urban legend. [emoji14] People say whatever they want.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Confused here also
You don't need installeda9lh to block the firms.
iirc, it's so when you launch AuReiNAND through HBL, you still get the A9LH benefits (you obviously still need A9LH for this :P).

D

Deleted User

Could anyone explain a bit about "screen-init"? I read it pretty often here and I don't get it. Just a bit explanation please.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Confused here also
This is just my update practice;
-use a smaller capacity micro SD card class 10 for all OTP updates.
-use AuReiNand ver 3.4 (doesn't have the fancy stuff going on with firm blocks, flags, etc.
-pick and arm9 maintainer and stick with them for updates but be careful of darksamus3 builds, he has pushed code before that brick 3ds.

Last edited by democracy,

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just my update practice;
-use a smaller capacity micro SD card class 10 for all OTP updates.
-use AuReiNand ver 1.5.3 (doesn't have the fancy stuff going on with firm blocks, flags, etc.
-pick and arm9 maintainer and stick with them for updates but be careful of darksamus3 builds, he has pushed code to fit before that brick 3ds.
Woah! You're on such an old version, lol.

max_505

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any way to hide the text that flashes for a split second at the bottom screen when you boot using BootCTR9? I'm using the latest one (Arm9 bootloader v0.4.1 Alpha).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: