Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably to prevent 8 year olds from attempting w/o knowledge about what they're doing, then come back and complain when they have a $200 paperweight.
Getting arm9loaderhax itself set up is the difficult part. If you can manage that, I think you know enough to not do something stupid.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I find this particularly amusing when so many of the private testers are quick to criticize other private projects.

I understand that. Sometimes I myself will criticize some cfw groups for keeping things private. But I will NOT use it as an excuse to leak s**t. At least I'm a decent person. :P

Reactions: Mrrraou and Vappy

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Getting arm9loaderhax itself set up is the difficult part. If you can manage that, I think you know enough to not do something stupid.
You can't underestimate some ppl's stupidity, I assume they're trying to make it as noob proof and stable(TM) as possible before releasing

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't underestimate some ppl's stupidity, I assume they're trying to make it as noob proof and stable(TM) as possible before releasing
If they decide to take a risk, it's on them. They'll have to deal with it. They can't really blame anyone but themselves.

Sure, I bricked my 2DS. What am I going to do about it? Hardmod it and fix the problem. Simple as that really.

Reactions: Audioboxer

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
From my experience dumping a9f.bin (OTP.bin) has been the easy part. I'm SOL understanding what on earth to do next https://github.com/delebile/arm9loaderhax

Just trying to get Rei working via arm9. More reading and screwing about commencing...
Put your OTP.bin and the other required files inside data_input and run make. If you can't find the other files, a google search for "arm9loaderhax data_input" should yield some helpful results, particularly on pastebin.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Put your OTP.bin and the other required files inside data_input and run make. If you can't find the other files, a google search for "arm9loaderhax data_input" should yield some helpful results, particularly on pastebin.

Cheers! On it now.

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For some reason that no-one's determined yet, building arm9loaderhax under Linux doesn't work as expected, so making then running the installer when build from Linux will lead to bricking your console.
You guys should try to Valgrind the code and look at the potential problems

JR_44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my experience dumping a9f.bin (OTP.bin) has been the easy part. I'm SOL understanding what on earth to do next https://github.com/delebile/arm9loaderhax

Just trying to get Rei working via arm9. More reading and screwing about commencing...
Does that pastebin apply to o3ds too or is it new3ds only? I'm asking because I see 2 new3dsxx.firm files in there.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
FYI. To anyone using the 3DSX that installs Arm9loaderhax (compiled from delebile's github). be sure you run it from a 9.2 or less FIRM environment. That is, dont' use a CFW that firmlaunches a newer FIRM. DevMode (or Pasta Mode as it's now called) rxTools is one way that boots correct FIRM. The 3DSX needs to gain arm9 to inject the modified partitions and payloads. You can't do that on a CFW that firmlaunches a 9.3+ FIRM. ;)

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Against all sane advice I decided to downgrade my 2DS anyway.
a9f.bin has been obtained and everything went fine. Now I just upgrade to 6.1.0 with Pokemon Y, restore my NAND backup and wait for the payloads.
So with that, I can confirm the current method works and the 2.1.0-4E package is perfectly valid.
I would still highly advise not trying this until a safer method is concocted, though. It's really nerve-wracking.
Dude can you please list the steps you took for downgrading the 2ds?

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah so totally ridiculous question but is makefile ran/compiled via python? Gotta say there's a reason I didn't carry on computing, I suck at programming. I have all the tools I need, just no idea how to use them :rofl2:

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZVQF0yPnTc +1