Hacking arm9loader issues & related questions

skypkmn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have installed cfw on 20+ 3ds systems now and this is the first time I've ever seen this issue and I cab find the answers to a few questions. 1) I down graded have all the required files but for some reason Te browser exploit to load the arm11.bin doesn't work. It glitches out the bottom screen... then stays there. For hours. So 1 is there a fix. 2) because the systems at 2.1.0-4u (o3ds system ) would upgrading it back to 11.2.0-35u cause a brick ? Considering I can't get into homebrew or arm9loader or hourglass I'm frustrated and been at this for 5 hours looking for answers please help.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have installed cfw on 20+ 3ds systems now and this is the first time I've ever seen this issue and I cab find the answers to a few questions. 1) I down graded have all the required files but for some reason Te browser exploit to load the arm11.bin doesn't work. It glitches out the bottom screen... then stays there. For hours. So 1 is there a fix. 2) because the systems at 2.1.0-4u (o3ds system ) would upgrading it back to 11.2.0-35u cause a brick ? Considering I can't get into homebrew or arm9loader or hourglass I'm frustrated and been at this for 5 hours looking for answers please help.
1. Show us a picture of your SD card contents. You're probably missing files.
2. You can update an O3DS through System Settings if you like. But if you don't have a9lh installed then you'd have to start all over again.

Reactions: x65943

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you read the FAQ regarding the glitched bottom screen? It worked, you just have to press select to install a9lh and then any other button to reset.

Don't update the system. That is just going to cause more problems. For someone that has done 20+ systems you should at least know the basics.

Reactions: x65943

skypkmn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't know of this glitch because it never has come up with me doing it before and so I have read the forums about it this evening and I did that numerous times nothing hs happened not even the otp file I think it's called that's shows up in files folder it never appeared .

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know of this glitch because it never has come up with me doing it before and so I have read the forums about it this evening and I did that numerous times nothing hs happened not even the otp file I think it's called that's shows up in files folder it never appeared .
It sounds like your arm11.bin is loading but the arm9.bin is causing the system to freeze. Try replacing the arm9.bin on the root of your sd card with a newly downloaded copy.

If the arm9.bin was loading correctly it should reset if you press anything other than select. Even if the bottom screen glitches out this is a good way to see if the program is running.

Reactions: Quantumcat

skypkmn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried that but it was frozen it didn't do anything at one point had it on the glitches touch screen for 45 minutes every few minutes hit select the moment or two later a or b . Nothing . It just froze. And I'm wanting to completely start over but feel this system is a curse for me .

skypkmn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to upload picture but it says error everytime . Also on black screen again no luck.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

view

offpir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
all the files are correct in the following folders:

3ds
files9
a9lh

it's easy to miss something (happened to me a few times even when I did multiple systems)

skypkmn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all the files are correct in the following folders:

3ds
files9
a9lh

it's easy to miss something (happened to me a few times even when I did multiple systems)
So finally pass this part it was the wrong arm9 file but now in hourglass trying to restore and keep a9lh it gives me fail because of NANDmin file... any suggestions

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So finally pass this part it was the wrong arm9 file but now in hourglass trying to restore and keep a9lh it gives me fail because of NANDmin file... any suggestions
Ha, I knew it was the arm9.bin. 20+ systems you say?

What error are you getting with the NANDmin.bin file? Does it say no valid file found? If that is the problem make sure the NANDmin.bin is in the files9 folder.

If personally have never used hourglass9 but I know decrypt9 looks for it in that folder.

skypkmn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how big is the NANDmin.bin file?
Dou you also have the sha file in the same place?

If the file is corrupt then you can
how big is the NANDmin.bin file?
Dou you also have the sha file in the same place?

If the file is corrupt then you can only restore using the 9.2.0 ctrtransfer process
https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer.html

this is giving me issues saying that the file can't be used because it has been modified. I've never has this much issue mod ding anything before.

skypkmn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably a bad sd card... have you tested it before you started?
Yes it was a 4G that came with it and a 32gb we had purchased both work and both having issues with the 9.2ctr input. Trying a different computer shortly need to take a break for a bit.

skypkmn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I want to take this moment to thank everyone who gave me tips direction and opinions I got the 3ds working updated and running a9lh so thank all of you again. This is by far one of the best sites to get help in and I'll be recommending this to all I know. Thanks again.

Sky

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...