ARM11 Error

JesterAO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to dig my old new 3ds xl out, wanting to finally fix this error after having it happen to me when I updated my 3ds a few years back. After trying to follow a couple of guides and attempting both the latest version and the version that was considered the latest of luma, nothing I tried succeeded. I even ended up buying a new sd card thinking maybe it was just a problem with the old one but even that didn't work.
If anyone can help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it, included is the error screen.
20230216_231208.jpg

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please check this solution :
There are a lot of Arm11 crashes – with a lot of different reasons. The most common in the last year was
undefined instruction, Current process: pm

That is the one which can be easily repaired by replacing Luma3DS boot.firm on the SD. Even better: https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw
===========

If the problem is the well-known Arm11 crash with the process pm and replacing boot.firm didn't help it is time for SD troubleshooting:
  • Hold (Select) on power on to bring up Luma3DS settings. Look at the very bottom. Does it say: "Booted from SD via B9S" – or – "Booted from CTRNAND via B9S"? The version on the SD always has the preference. If it says from CTRNAND, the boot file could not be found/read on SD.
  • Quick and dirty: Try another FAT32 formatted SD containing nothing but boot.firm
  • Backup your main SD
    • Reformat it to FAT32
    • Check your main SD with h2testw or F3
    • If the check shows no error, copy everything back and try again

Worst case: Bad SD reader in the console.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Sypherone
Did you really just take one of my old posts from a different thread and put it here!?

Somehow I must have missed this new thread, but you saved me from typing something like the above again (since I forgot having written this ↑↑↑↑ before)

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Sypherone
Did you really just take one of my old posts from a different thread and put it here!?

Somehow I must have missed this new thread, but you saved me from typing something like the above again (since I forgot having written this ↑↑↑↑ before)
Some say "don't work harder, work smarter". I say that the good kind of laziness is the kind that puts a lot of effort into reducing workloads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: ONG.