ROM Hack Arm11 error

SkrillDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So i recently installed cfw on my 3DS using Luma3DS (Version 9.1), everything worked just fine, but last week upon booting my 3DS Arm11 appeared, and from what i understand i cannot acces the home menu, i don't know how could this happend, and i cannot find a solution either, not even removing the SD card fixes this, any ideas of how to fix this?
I even have a photo of the 3DS below
IMG_20181113_195308.jpg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Remove the battery and hold the (Power) button for 30 seconds. Wait another 30 seconds. This should clear RAM memory.
  2. Remove the SD card. Put the battery back in, and turn the 3DS on without the card.
At boot, check for:
  • HOME Menu
  • GodMode9, holding (Start)
  • Luma3DS configuration, holding (Select)
  • Recovery Mode

SkrillDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This sure is a strange method, i don't really believe it erases the Ram without the battery (otherwhise how should the 3DS work without the battery power), but i tried anyways. Still the same thing shows up, i tried a recovery too, but with no luck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Copy everything off your SD card onto a computer.
  2. Reformat the card as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat.
  3. With the card empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test with H2testw. Do not skip this step.
    • This is to check if the card is faulty or fake. You must certain your card is 100% functional.
  4. Delete the *.h2w test files if the card passes the test.
    • If an error was reported, stop the test. Replace the bad card and go back to step 1 or 2.
  5. Build a test custom firmware setup using the archive found here.
    • Do not use files from your main setup for the moment.
Try recovering your SysNAND in GodMode9. If you try recovery with a bad card, you can brick your 3DS.

6A. If you backed up and have the ######_XX########_sysnand_000.bin NAND image (~1 to 1.2 GB):
or

6B. If you did not make or have that NAND image:

Reactions: NFates

SkrillDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I did everything, but still no luck, i tried to restore the SysNand, but the same error keeps appearing, the SD Card was new, using a SanDisk Ultra 32 GB.
Maybe my 3DS is just dead forever, well, at least it lived 6 years

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did everything, but still no luck, i tried to restore the SysNand, but the same error keeps appearing, the SD Card was new, using a SanDisk Ultra 32 GB.
Maybe my 3DS is just dead forever, well, at least it lived 6 years
Did you check that SD card with H2testw? Did it pass inspection?

Other things to check for:

Look for the WiFi module to see if it came off or loose.
If that WiFi board is secure, look for flex cables that are not connected or if they have broken leads. Also check for these:
  • Top LCD - If you see top image,
  • Bottom LCD - If you see bottom image,
  • Speakers (Assembly) - If you don't hear popping noise and the 3DS does not shut off by itself,
    • Volume Switch - If GodMode9 screens darken/lighten,
    • 3D Switch - No available method to test. ???
  • XYBA / D-Pad / L|R Shoulder / Select / Start / HOME / Power - Check these in GodMode9.
  • Touch Screen - If you can hit Back or Enable in Recovery Mode.
  • Circle Pad - No available method to test. ???
Lastly, if those are all good, your camera assembly might have died. You'll need to replace it.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

SkrillDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yes i did check the SD card with H2testw, it succesfully checked it.
One thing that my 3DS has problems with is the screens contact cable, when i open the screen it shuts off immediately, so to fix this i simply forced the screen to stay in a certain position.
Even it my 3DS had this problem Luma3DS worked perfectly, but this may have caused to break it.
I will try to open the 3DS and see if anything is in the wrong place, only if i could get the screws out, they just wouldn't come off everytime i tried, but nontheless i will try to open it anyways

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o