Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That's pretty bad if you ask me....I never encountered any bugs, except for the game freezing a couple times. However, I think that's my laptop because it's for school, and it freezes a lot with games. Anyway, back on topic, they should really prioritize fixing these bugs. Why would people buy the DLC if their game isn't even working correctly?

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
I started PC version after they fixed that tower you could get stuck and didn't encounter any bugs other than couple times batman doing some somersaults in the air. Friend however did also get some stucking on wall, non-fighting fight sequenses, and drops because of PhysX on AMD, but mostly those should be already fixed. This does have some negative sound ringing but it's just cheaper to release the DLC and then fix bugs instead of first fixing bugs then after DLC fixing new bugs as DLC may introduce new bugs.

It's also bit sad as all new games seems to be filled with bugs and even Nintendo have had some game breaking bugs last being Pokemon X/Y.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is indeed tragic, Gahars. They care more about releasing DLC than fixing bugs in their game? Here's a good reason not to support DLC: if people didn't support DLC, then the developers would focus on fixing the bugs instead of making DLC no one cares about. But I'm no 14 year old; they love DLC. (I'm shooting for the "How many times can you write DLC in a post" achievement.)

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still cry myself to sleep over The 4th Coming never getting really fixed past Windows 98, and thus dooming it. Well OK, I don't cry but man it was depressing to see my main server go down at the end of 2012. Actually pretty impressive for a game written 1998 or so, especially since it still has active servers. :D Nothing like when it had 100K+ actively-leveled characters, though! BTW, they did the inflating thing with 3 characters per account and most servers giving you 3 accounts (to make up for the insanely low encumbrance [storage] levels).

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was destined to happen anyways when they started to include harddrives with consoles. Rather than be as thourough as possible before a game/team goes gold, they can take their sweet ass time on fixing bugs or breaking apart the original game and re-sell it as "DLC."

It started as them selling us content that was already on the disc, and from there buisness practices got crappier moving towards a business model that works against customers. We didn't rage and boycott enough, so now we have Single-player games that require internet connections, rehashed map and skin packs, awful, annoying, and long Day-1 patches, and now bugs and exploits that go unresolved as long as they've made their money.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well while I would like to have the new DLC, I'm perfectly happy to have a bug-free version on the Wii U plus all the currently available DLC. I got the game for $20 less too (Amazon deal), although it's missing multiplayer.

I wouldn't worry there, everywhere i have read it is a load of shit anyway

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing I have encounter is freezing but I believe this has to do with new security checks causing read errors once and a while. My xbox 360 freezes will all new games since AC3/skyrim unless I install all the disc and yet it still freezes, just not as often. Before someone says my disc drive may be failing, this doesn't happen with my older games.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've been saying for years that the game devs are no longer in it for the games they are now in it for the money and when things like this happens it just proves what I say as true.
When they dont want to fix the bugs but release another addon which costs money its proof the game industry no longer cares for games. Its a real pity. When you see the exact same game released year after year just in a different color and turn left instead of right its just proof gamers no longer make the games. (I was talking about COD if you didn't get it)

And when they cancel the DLC from the WiiU now that really sucks. It still brings them money so why cancel it? To me it looks like nobody wants the WiiU to succeed. Game devs aren't making games for it, NintenDOH aren't even trying to promote it, gamers aren't talking about it, and the owners are getting screwed everyday. The WiiU comes with TVii which has never been turned on in Aus so it comes with features which it doesn't even have. Thats 1 thing NintenDOH can do to help it, turn on features and add more wanted features. Make the current owners happy then they might tell their friends. When people ask me which console is the best I say a CFW PS3 is the best, the 2nd is the Xbox360. The 3rd is the Wii, then PS VIta, then 3DS then PS4, then xboned (Which I absolutely hate) then the WiiU. The only reason the WiiU is on the bottom is because nobody is supporting it and it will die soon so why waste your money on a dead console. Pity as it does have a lot of potential and could be as good as the PS4 if NintenDOH actually did something about it.

Rant over. Just a P***ed off WiiU owner that wants more games for it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been saying for years that the game devs are no longer in it for the games they are now in it for the money and when things like this happens it just proves what I say as true.
When they dont want to fix the bugs but release another addon which costs money its proof the game industry no longer cares for games. Its a real pity. When you see the exact same game released year after year just in a different color and turn left instead of right its just proof gamers no longer make the games. (I was talking about COD if you didn't get it)

And when they cancel the DLC from the WiiU now that really sucks. It still brings them money so why cancel it? To me it looks like nobody wants the WiiU to succeed. Game devs aren't making games for it, NintenDOH aren't even trying to promote it, gamers aren't talking about it, and the owners are getting screwed everyday. The WiiU comes with TVii which has never been turned on in Aus so it comes with features which it doesn't even have. Thats 1 thing NintenDOH can do to help it, turn on features and add more wanted features. Make the current owners happy then they might tell their friends. When people ask me which console is the best I say a CFW PS3 is the best, the 2nd is the Xbox360. The 3rd is the Wii, then PS VIta, then 3DS then PS4, then xboned (Which I absolutely hate) then the WiiU. The only reason the WiiU is on the bottom is because nobody is supporting it and it will die soon so why waste your money on a dead console. Pity as it does have a lot of potential and could be as good as the PS4 if NintenDOH actually did something about it.

Rant over. Just a P***ed off WiiU owner that wants more games for it.

Were they ever not in it for the money? Games do not even have the tissue thing veneer of being able to make Oscar bait or something.

On bringing in money, maybe but how long would it take to gain back the approval/publishing costs? Also if the engine is as different as various graphics tests would have seemed to indicate the might it also have involved tasking a few of your devs to do it and they would surely be better spent doing something potentially more lucrative.

Anything more would likely be a bit flamebaity so I will leave it there. I am curious why you have a dislike of the Xbone though.

Reactions: Gahars

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Back in the day gave devs loved games. They made them, they played them, they joined in on multiplayer games. They then saw how good it was and made DLC for it. These days they make the game, cut it up and say these parts are now DLC and put a huge price on all of it then release it but hold back on the DLC for later when they can make more money. They hear the people complain about bugs but do nothing as working on patches and releasing updates to fix those bugs doesn't make them any money.
Its all about money these days. Devs are no longer in it for the game or the gamer. If you were a gamer in the 80s and 90s you would see that change like I have. Its really disappointing to see the direction the game industry has gone. Yea, they are some devs that are in it for the games. ! example is Firemint who make Real Racing 1 + 2 on the iPad/Android. They had a great Car racing game which was fun to play. Then EA took over and now its crap. Its full of In App Purchases and no longer a fun game but now more about how much money they can make from it.
Thats whats happened between the 90's game devs and the game devs now. They no longer make awesome games just because they can, they make awesome games that bring in lots of money. Why do you think EA said they wont make games for the WiiU? Its not because its hard to make games for, its because they see it as not a money maker. Thats why Watch Dogs got delayed as they want peple to buy it on the other consoles first so they can support those consoles and have a reason to not continue making games for the WiiU.

Everyone is under the spell of greed and only do things for money. Its a real shame. I'm in the gaming industry, I jailbreak and repair phones and consoles and I gladly do it for free as I'm a gamer and enjoy games and want others to do the same.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really because I am reasonably old and remember those days.

It featured
Quite a bit of licensed junk/cash in tie in stuff.
No small number of cynical business types sticking some coders in a shed and getting them to crank out the games.
A near endless parade of glorified reskins of games in popular engines.
"gold editions of games", at least nowadays they call it alpha/early/pre access/beta. Not all gold editions were this, some I might know nowadays as GOTY edition.
DLC... I would have more likely known it as an expansion pack but no small number of those felt like you can buy the game engine but the levels are extra.
Basically no bugfixes save for the PC, it occasionally happened between game regions for classics/cheap rerelease editions which you would end up paying for. Very rarely you might have had a savegame fix type thing, I am struggling to remember any recalls that were not for censorship/court case/company financial type reasons.
Slicing up a game and selling it piecemeal... it was called the shareware model.
"sequels" released not all that long after the original was released.

You may be afflicted with nostalgia or rose tinted glasses, both are unpleasant conditions for you and those around you. They are conditions that afflicts many in the gaming world. Studies are pending but it may even be contagious, research has proven difficult as there seems to be a natural immunity among the cynical bastard set which itself is contagious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.