Arkham City Foreshadowed.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Potticus, Aug 16, 2010.

Aug 16, 2010

Arkham City Foreshadowed. by Potticus at 11:50 PM (1,112 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Potticus
    OP

Member Potticus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    In 2009, Rocksteady’s incredible Batman game, Batman: Arkham Asylum took our breath away, effortlessly merging a Bioshock-esque sense of place with some of the best brawling action ever seen. The only thing that was troubling about the game was that the location, which was thoroughly explored in the first game, didn’t seem to lend itself to a sequel.

So when Rocksteady announced Batman: Arkham City, we initially thought their scenario choice was picked more out of desperation than anything else. Arkham City, apparently, is a maximum security ghetto for Gotham’s thugs and criminal masterminds, built in the heart of Gotham. What maniac city planner thought that was a good idea?

It seemed like an afterthought, but plucky and resourceful gamers have just discovered a new easter egg in Arkham Asylum that makes it clear that Arkham City was the destination for the sequel all along. The details of Arkham City are found in a hidden room in the Warden’s office, located behind a wall that doesn’t scan as destroyable but which can, in fact, be blown up with explosive gel.

Man, are those Rocksteady guys geniuses or what? Not only have they had Arkham City planned out from the beginning, they somehow managed to sneak a hidden room past gamers for over a year. Tricky, guys! Tricky!

Source:
    http://www.geek.com/articles/games/newly-d...-city-20100816/

2. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Made up on the spot.
    Can't go through two movies and a game without knowing there's another city... in the center of a city. [​IMG]

3. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    2 movies, and a game? The Batman franchise is a bit bigger than that...just saying. No clue if it's actually there in any Batman publications and media, but assuming you don't see it in 2 movies and a game is a bit...naive. We never see any grocery stores in these, but they exist. >_>

Gonna go see if that secret is really there, when I get home.

4. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

Cool vid I love the first game, even though i still haven't beaten it, but still looking forward to part 2.

5. Potticus
    OP

Member Potticus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Am I misunderstanding this?
    I thought they are calling Gotham City by the other name, maybe because the Arkham inmates got out or something.
    I suspect the Joker will be loose in the town.

6. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    I mean the more recent ones.
    Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and Arkham Asylum.

7. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia

8. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States

The first game is canon to the comics, a few years before bruce dies.

Has not been comfired yet, but barba is suppost to be telling the store to Dick.