Hacking RELEASE Argon NX - Payload chainloader

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I corrected the screenshot in the version I made a few pages back.

The name should be the same.

Yes, that's the version I tried. I'm using sx os - I put your files on my chip - it worked but the background picture doesn't show up. When I put the Argon payload back on my chip - the background shows up just fine - so it's not a background picture issue. Only issue is when using your uf2 file. I'll attach the file I used that works fine for me.

Attachments

• Argon Boot.zip
    63.6 KB · Views: 122

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, that's the version I tried. I'm using sx os - I put your files on my chip - it worked but the background picture doesn't show up. When I put the Argon payload back on my chip - the background shows up just fine - so it's not a background picture issue. Only issue is when using your uf2 file. I'll attach the file I used that works fine for me.
Try renaming to bootlogo.bmp

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Try renaming to bootlogo.bmp

The bootlogo and background picture + icons all work fine in the argon file I posted - in your version everything works apart from the background bmp is not displayed at all - just a black screen (icons and logo still show though). There's an issue with your mod which causes the background bitmap to not show up.

Last edited by mrdude,

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The bootlogo and background picture + icons all work fine in the argon file I posted - in your version everything works apart from the background bmp is not displayed at all - just a black screen (icons and logo still show though). There's an issue with your mod which causes the background bitmap to not show up.
Ok sir. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Got a poorly 5 year old here so not much work getting done this evening

Reactions: peteruk

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Ok sir. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Got a poorly 5 year old here so not much work getting done this evening

There's no rush dude, just take your time - I was only posting to let you know, everything is working fine for me with the files I'm using - apart from screenshot needs flipped using photo editing tools - which is not an issue for me.

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's no rush dude, just take your time - I was only posting to let you know, everything is working fine for me with the files I'm using - apart from screenshot needs flipped using photo editing tools - which is not an issue for me.
But I fixed that. The 0.3 binary is unfixed. If you go back a few pages/posts you will see my build.

You aren't using my build sir.

I had exactly the same problems... Hang on I'll link you to the post

First page near the bottom

Last edited by mattytrog,

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I put an early version in Simple-UF2 (now switchboot part 2).

Id recommend using my Fusee-UF2 and renaming it "payload.bin"

Fusee-UF2 makes it unnecessary to convert payloads

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Ok, I think I found the problem - my background bitmap is not the same as yours - I'm using the 'flipped' version for Argon (same as from the github) and I noticed your background has already been rotated - that's probably why it's not loading. I'll try again with my modded background (but rotate it first).

EDIT: Yep that's sorted it, flipped my background and now it's showing up.

Screenshot is faster - but captures in portrait mode - is there anyway to set it so it's in landscape mode?

Last edited by mrdude,

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would it be possible to add support for stationary use of the Nintendo Switch (as is the case with Payload Launcher by suchmememanyskill)?

Last edited by Muxi,

Picalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone please share the latest update and how to organized the sd card. I tried the Github but i dont know how to dl from there.

Last edited by Picalo,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thanks Mattytrog - that's me all sorted now with my card setup and everything now working. This is my boot screen (with custom icons).

lKi3rZr.jpg

Cheers.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can anyone please share the latest update and how to organized the sd card. I tried the Github but i dont know how to dl from there.

Just copy the "argon" folder into the root of your SD card and send argon-nx.bin with your favorite payload Injector.

All Payloads are Up to Date! (Atmosphere 0.8.5 - Hekate 4.9.1 - ReiNX 2.1 - Biskeydump v8 - Briccmii v2 - SX OS Loader 1.0 - Lockpick RCM 1.0)

Attachments

• ARGON-NX.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 206
Last edited by Muxi,
Reactions: Picalo

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those will works on 6.20 but required 7.0.1 ?

By the way... All icons are great but I prefer ReiNX icon itself without animated girl in it. Can you do that with icon? Like this:

images

Of course with black in the background.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK ladies and gentlemen...

Been playing some more.

Someone please test this attached build...
Changelog:

• Font improved
  • Multiple screenshots now (saved in Screenshots folder on SD root... Called Screenshot1, 2, 3 etc etc
  • Touch screen reliability (hopefully?) improved by resetting stack at each poll (so there is always something to compare to)
  • Put payload names back under icons
Cheers
Matty

Attachments

• argon-nx_test_0.3.1_unofficial.zip
    36.1 KB · Views: 179

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I just tested it, on the boot screen when you capture the screenshot - it says 1/2/3 etc - but when checking the argon folder - it only saves 1 file called - screenshot.bmp.

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just tested it, on the boot screen when you capture the screenshot - it says 1/2/3 etc - but when checking the argon folder - it only saves 1 file called - screenshot.bmp.
Check SD root. Not the argon folder. its in SD root - Screenshots (or should be :P)

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Odd... Just do us a favour... Think I need to do a mkdir.

Make a folder called "screenshots" - lower case - in SD root and try it again. Pretty please!

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455