Hacking Are you hacking your switch this gen?

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've hacked my 3DS, PS3, PS Vita.
I invested money in the Wii U then eventually hacked it.

With the Switch, I've already bought Mario/Zelda/Rabbids/Mario Kart.

I was contemplating not hacking the thing but in all honesty, I've gone against it. I just want to enjoy the system, enjoy the online connectivity and now that I can play games portably and at home on a big screen, I think I'll actually complete and enjoy them and therefore don't mind shelling out cash for them... as opposed to the 3DS where a lot of games could potentially be hit and miss.

Add in portable online play in games like Splatoon, and not having to jump through hoop after hoop and find my Switch banned...

Anyway for the first time ever, probably due to how much I enjoy the console, I'm not planning any hacking. SNES/GBA emulation I can leave to my Vita.

Any thoughts guys? Anyone else going the same route as me?

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've hacked my 3DS, PS3, PS Vita.
I invested money in the Wii U then eventually hacked it.

With the Switch, I've already bought Mario/Zelda/Rabbids/Mario Kart.

I was contemplating not hacking the thing but in all honesty, I've gone against it. I just want to enjoy the system, enjoy the online connectivity and now that I can play games portably and at home on a big screen, I think I'll actually complete and enjoy them and therefore don't mind shelling out cash for them... as opposed to the 3DS where a lot of games could potentially be hit and miss.

Add in portable online play in games like Splatoon, and not having to jump through hoop after hoop and find my Switch banned...

Anyway for the first time ever, probably due to how much I enjoy the console, I'm not planning any hacking. SNES/GBA emulation I can leave to my Vita.

Any thoughts guys? Anyone else going the same route as me?
People like you are annoying. Your self assuring post is not needed.

Reactions: splinterbr

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just enjoy your games my man. You people are trying too hard to convince yourselves
there may be a way to hack gen 8 pokemon using a 3ds because pokebank lets me put glitch mon in poke bank like pokemon 900 poke bank has no hack check what so ever only poke transporter so if they don't change that you can hack gen 8 pokemon.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there may be a way to hack gen 8 pokemon using a 3ds because pokebank lets me put glitch mon in poke bank like pokemon 900 poke bank has no hack check what so ever only poke transporter so if they don't change that you can hack gen 8 pokemon.
That's definitely gonna get patched though

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for letting us know you updated, now i can sleep at night.
But seriously, why do you care if people decided to update?
And no I’m not taking your route.

People like you are annoying. Your self assuring post is not needed.

lmao!! wow never expected that kind of aggression on here about a video game console.

no self assurance or validation was wanted by posting this. it was just my genuine thought process and wondered how people were thinking.

as someone who hacked nearly every console I've owned so far, I was just interested to see that I really didn't mind updating and playing games now. Usually I'd have waited and waited and waited but this year it kind of clicked that due to the switch being so versatile and seeing so much playtime, i don't mind investing x ammount of cash into games per year.

when i had my 3DS and hacked it, I knew there was a risk getting banned online but i honestly didnt give a care in the world because most of the titles I wouldn't play online that much. However now the Switch is a home console, I kind of see myself thinking that super smash + mario kart online are things i actually want to do primarily.

sorry if i offended you guys, it really wan't that. Its more interest than "care" as to asking if people have updated. also seeing people's opinions on why they're holding off on updating etc.

edit: tbh I don't think i even had the option of a 3.0 console as I bought my console this christmas and I assume the firmware was probably 3.0+

Last edited by aofelix,

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao!! wow never expected that kind of aggression on here about a video game console.

no self assurance or validation was wanted by posting this. it was just my genuine thought process and wondered how people were thinking.

as someone who hacked nearly every console I've owned so far, I was just interested to see that I really didn't mind updating and playing games now. Usually I'd have waited and waited and waited but this year it kind of clicked that due to the switch being so versatile and seeing so much playtime, i don't mind investing x ammount of cash into games per year.

when i had my 3DS and hacked it, I knew there was a risk getting banned online but i honestly didnt give a care in the world because most of the titles I wouldn't play online that much. However now the Switch is a home console, I kind of see myself thinking that super smash + mario kart online are things i actually want to do primarily.

sorry if i offended you guys, it really wan't that. Its more interest than "care" as to asking if people have updated. also seeing people's opinions on why they're holding off on updating etc.

edit: tbh I don't think i even had the option of a 3.0 console as I bought my console this christmas and I assume the firmware was probably 3.0+
But I don't get the point of this thread. It's a hacking forum for people who want to hack their consoles.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I don't get the point of this thread. It's a hacking forum for people who want to hack their consoles.

Not everybody here hacks every console they own. Some of us play legit, and hate running into hackers and cheaters in online gaming. I wait until the console isn't supported by the manufacturer before I hack it. I like to have fun with it instead of worrying about if I'm going to get banned.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everybody here hacks every console they own. Some of us play legit, and hate running into hackers and cheaters in online gaming. I wait until the console isn't supported by the manufacturer before I hack it. I like to have fun with it instead of worrying about if I'm going to get banned.
So why are you in the hacking forums if you have 0 interest in hacking the switch?

Reactions: MachRc
D

Deleted User

you sound like a nice fellow. I am hacking my switch based on what I saw with vita and the quality of the nintendo games. I basically love the idea of something that could be a portable gamecube or wii or wii u with that nice screen.

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you sound like a nice fellow. I am hacking my switch based on what I saw with vita and the quality of the nintendo games. I basically love the idea of something that could be a portable gamecube or wii or wii u with that nice screen.

Excellent point! If the switch can be hacked to play Wii U games, I would be VERY interested from a portable + home console perspective. I think Gamecube and Wii games wouldn't look dreadful either given the screen size for portable mode.

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ill buy all exclusive games for the switch and enjoy them,when the switch is almost at eol,then i would consider to hack it,just like i did with my wiiu.

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ill buy all exclusive games for the switch and enjoy them,when the switch is almost at eol,then i would consider to hack it,just like i did with my wiiu.

I think thats probably the route I'm having too. I think the positive of Nintendo exclusives are I KNOW I will love them... I'd feel hesistant dropping £50 on Horizon Dawn when it was first released or Assasin's Creed Orgins as to whether I would really like it. But when Fire Emblem drops, i have NO doubts that i will LOVE the game and get at least 40-60 hours on it.

I have a gaming PC for superior Wii U/Wii/Gamecube emulation [and a wii U] ... but I think the kicker and potential huge positive of the Switch which I didn't think about is taking those games on the road in portable mode! Now that would be HUGE and probably worth trading off reliable online connectivity for Smash [which I suck on]/Mario Kart.

Last edited by aofelix,

padooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked into all my videogames but it felt like squeezing the last juice from the "oranges".

By the time I hacked them I felt I already had so much fun that the console was already "paid off".

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Y'know... It'd be great if we could go a day without threads like these. Threads that have no relevance to their corresponding sections, outside of the one-off question that gets buried in jargon. You updated? Cool. You're not hacking your Switch? Cool. You're playing the games you bought? GREAT. It's NOT IMPORTANT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water