Are you agree with Piracy?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Autz, Sep 26, 2016.

?

Are you agree with Piracy?

1. Yes

2. No

3. <Insert lame excuse/explanation here>

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autz
    OP

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    Do you agree with Piracy?

Yes, i'm agree with it, but the only thing i'm agree with Piracy is the unauthorized digital redistribution of copyrighted content. Piracy also involves fraudulent services, lame copycats and low-quality stuff which i'm not agree with.

Last edited by Autz, Sep 26, 2016

2. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    I certainly don't agree with the grammar in this title.

3. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    The guy isn't a native English speaker.

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
  5. smileyhead

smileyhead Bow ties are cool.

GBAtemp Patron
    smileyhead is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    "Are you agree with piracy?"

*TRIGGERED IN ENGLISH*

A7MAD and Davidosky99 like this.
  6. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    Oh well, what can you do.
    It's either you join the pirates and pay for nothing or cry about it because you have to pay while others can just simply download it for free at the cost of their time.

I personally don't agree with it but I still do it anyways, why? Because I'm disgusting lol (I still do pay for SOME games and dlc tho)

7. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    I didn't check his country, I assumed it was just laziness. Anyway, I don't mean to be rude, but there have been a ton of these discussions already.

TarkinMX and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  8. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    neither am I, or loads of poeple on the internet but ok, throwing salt at him is a wrong thing to do..

anyway,
    @Autz "do you agree with piracy"
    "are you" is used for example "are you an american?"
    BTW, use the link i gave you before, that is the official piracy discussion.

tommikinder, Autz and Davidosky99 like this.
  9. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    I buy used when I do buy, so my piracy doesn't do anything to hurt the publisher/distributor/anyone actually involved with the game. Just hurts places like gamestop, but even then not directly.

I will buy games new if it's something I want to support. Like I bought all the megaman legends psclassic releases, even though I still prefer to play my original disc on espxe with better resolutions and junk.

Last edited by osaka35, Sep 26, 2016
  10. FrozenDragon150

FrozenDragon150 Notorious Coffee Drinker

Nov 6, 2014
    Venezuela
    I don't like piracy in the least tbh.

But I'm a dirty hypocrite and I live in a country where I simply can't afford games, so what the fuck, sign me up, Captain.

LuxerWap, Jack54782 and Alex658 like this.
  11. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    I'm 100% piracy. You should see how much stuff i have on my 3ds and pc.

12. Autz
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    Ups... At least i got some answers despite my grammar issues. Fixing OP.

E: Nevermind, i can't edit.

Last edited by Autz, Sep 26, 2016
    Feryth likes this.
  13. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    The problem is that some languages use a form that would translate more into "are you in agreement with...?" (such as in French, "es-tu d'accord avec... ?"), but people learn "agree" in school, and then they combine both and it gives "are you agree".

Anyway. I wouldn't agree with it if stuff was convenient without it. But right now, on the 3DS, we have two choices:
    • buy cartridges and swap all day
    • buy digital and
      • cry a lot in 5 years when servers shut down and we deleted MH4U to make space for MHGen and we can't get it back even though we paid for it
      • not be able to borrow/lend
      • too lazy to think about more of these but I'm sure I could
    None of these solutions are convenient.

With piracy, I can buy carts (and own what I buy instead of just getting a ticket for a download) and play digital. What's to lose? :D

Temptress Cerise, Ryccardo and migles like this.
  14. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    well. in 5 years in the hands of a kid, the game either gets lost, damaged or borrowed and never get it back by the kid's friends...
    you can backup a sd card... the problem is the security stuff regecting the data if it has been modified.. if you backup the sd card and play a game, the card dies, you restore the data it will be discarded...
    i don't know why, playstation 3 has backup and restore functions, but 3ds doesn't...
    i guess because it's a portable console it's suppose to die faster, you get a new console and use system transfer...

Hayleia likes this.
  15. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I F*cking love piracy.

JustAKirby and Subötaï like this.
  16. GamerUnity

GamerUnity GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2015
    I live in a home where we can't buy physical cartidges in 1-2 months in between, with no psn cards in sight (and don't forget the memory card price lol).

17. Abu

Abu Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2016
    United States
    Here's my purchasing patterns:

Step 1: Pirate if it's possible to do so to try the game out, unless it's a game out on steam because of their refund policy.
    Step 2: Liked the game? See how you can buy it and then spend the money. The only exceptions to this step if it's a region locked game and I don't have the appropriate region console to play that game. *which was the case for monster hunter generations in the Japanese release* Then again, I ended up buying it the NA release and never touching that game again.

This is what I do if it's a new game, if it's something like an MSX game or some ps2 game, I would pirate that game because I wouldn't be supporting the publisher buying a game that is out of print.

Raylight likes this.
  18. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    As I said before in another threads, I had lived in an age where someone could test a software before actually purchasing it and where the competition to gain the control of a market was fierce and the quality was naturally raised by that competition instead of client complaints. Of course, piracy was very low: the most common use cases were covered in the demo, users could use it freely for a limited amount of times/days.

That's not the case anymore these days, but an individual can resist the momentum right? (right?!)
    So yeah, if there's a chance I can pay whatever costs for those cherrypicked apps/games that I absolutely love with low to no chance of reggretting a purchase, yes I'll go for it.

Everyone seems to be forgetting this days that everyone should be entitled to use their hardware whatever he wants, but that doesn't mean that pretext can be used to indiscriminately get everything for free or other illegitimate business (selling/distribution/piracing services). To the point: If you like the work of someone buy it.

Wolfvak likes this.
  19. Autz
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    And i like piracy but not because i'm poor or i'm against copyright law, but because is more easy and free. All of my PS3 games are legally bought, and i also bought original games when i first got the GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2...

20. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I am against piracy, but if you really feel you have to, go ahead. The only problem I have with it is when pirates start going "LOLOLOL YOU SUCKERS PAY FOR GAMEZ WHILE WE GET EVERYTHING FREE HAVE FUN GETTING SCAMMED LOSERS". If you're going to pirate, at least realize what you're doing is wrong.

kbmarinha and osaka35 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.