• Total voters

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As a straight edge elitism I can confirm that nothing is better while you are drunk.

That would mean you tried everything at the various levels of being drunk. That is quite the body of research, it also runs counter to my, admittedly poorly sampled in light of that, experience. If nothing else pointing and laughing at drunk people gets quite hard to do if there are no drunk people around.

I am a miserable/cheap enough bastard to not bother drinking most of the time, it does not mean things are not made more fun with the occasional bit of social grease though.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
OOH OOOH! I can't believe I forgot about flower - the coolest game ever! Getting to that sweet spot in drunkness when everything is awesome, and everyone is beautiful, and life smiles at you... and playing flower... it's euphoric!
(Some say getting high to that game is great too, but I've never tried)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I believe the poll should have one more option.
Drinking and getting drunk are two different things, a lot of people do drink within regulation.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a straight edge elitism I can confirm that nothing is better while you are drunk.
Too bad your mind is worse with grammar sober than mine is inebriated.
You are poisoning you body and mind to look cool to people are never truly your friends.
Um, no. I don't do it to look cool; I do it because it's fun. And what the fuck do you know about my friends? A guy who will invite me over to his house to knock back some beers and play some Smash Bros. isn't my friend?

So as you people are drunk giving it your all trying to achieve one kill I'm beating you in video games not breaking a sweat.
Oh noes, boring guy is gonna get kills on me if I play online! Fun fact: when I've had enough to drink, I'm not giving it my all. I'll run around the battlefield (assuming I'm playing a FPS as it seems you are implying the game must be) without a care in the world and laugh at all the times I, and my friends who are playing with me split-screen, get our heads blown off. I can only assume you'll be hiding your pimply-ass away in a dark corner admiring your K/D ratio as if it were a measure of how much fun you're having, how much you're succeeding at life, or how true your friends are.

Reactions: chavosaur

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had countless fun nights where me and a bunch of friends get stupid drunk playing retro games all night where we would not be doing sober.

slingblade1170

OP
Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
You are poisoning you body and mind to look cool to people are never truly your friends.

So as you people are drunk giving it your all trying to achieve one kill I'm beating you in video games not breaking a sweat.

You sound like someone who just got out of rehab or something. None of us are saying "become gaming alcoholics" but there is a thing called moderation when drinking. Is it possible to have fun without drinking? YES! However, drinking and being drunk can make things a bit more exciting and fun.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Some games are, definitely. Party games like mentioned in the OP, (Wii Sports, Left4Dead, FIFA, ...), are great fun drunk, or just with friends. Playing with friends is always much more fun.
Other games, like LoL for example, are not more fun to play when drunk. Just don't. I saw a lot of people playing LoL during '420-day', the day that strives to legualize marihuana, and it was goddamn awful. The amount of decision errors, CS'ing gone wrong, and just being high as fuck, was out of the roof

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I can't stand drunk people so playing games with drunks is a massive annoyance for me.
I myself have never really been drunk though, I have a pretty strong aversion to looking like a retard. So I could count the times i've been drunk on one hand.
Though I think it'd be pretty obvious videogames would be more fun while drunk, the dumbest things seem entertaining to drunk people so I imagine something actually meant to be entertaining would be more so.

Some games are, definitely. Party games like mentioned in the OP, (Wii Sports, Left4Dead, FIFA, ...), are great fun drunk, or just with friends. Playing with friends is always much more fun.
Other games, like LoL for example, are not more fun to play when drunk. Just don't. I saw a lot of people playing LoL during '420-day', the day that strives to legualize marihuana, and it was goddamn awful. The amount of decision errors, CS'ing gone wrong, and just being high as fuck, was out of the roof

I remember playing Smite last year on 420, and one line still rings clearly in my head.
"Why the **** do we have 3 mid"

Never again.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think marijuana is more suitable for video games. I'm not sure how you could play when you are drunk... a light buzz maybe, but drunk?
Wii Sports while drunk => Hilarity ensues (make sure everyone's got their wrist-straps on, though).

Reactions: XDel

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've played UT2004 so much that my hand-eye coördination became faster than my conscious thinking. Which gave some bizarre effects. Like stopping and being amazed that you actually shot someone. Of course standing still isn't a good idea in that kind of game. As well as a whole bunch of mistimed walldodges, bumping into the walls and even more suicides than usual from explosive weapon spam. But damn, it was fun. Especially on a server with teamspeak enabled. :P

Haven't played much other games while drunk (ey...I'm usually doing interesting stuff outdoors when being drunk). But I really gotta remember to fire up some super hexagon for maximum :wacko:-effect. :grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1