Hardware Are these GPUs real?

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a budget system that can't utilize a powerful graphics card to it's full potential, I was looking for a card in the $40 - $50 price range. I came across these on eBay: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/192385349662

There's a bunch of listings for the same type of card, all with prices varying by anywhere between $0.01 and $10 from each other.

It says unbranded/generic. So my question is, are these cards totally fake? I wouldn't care if they don't provide as much performance as a reputable maker, like MSI or Asus, as long as it has performance in the same ballpark.

Last edited by DarkFlare69,
Reactions: Kioku
D

Deleted User

the 960 is a real card, but getting one for $35 like that is most likely a scam and you'll get a GT 710 or something

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It's not necessarily fake, they could be pulled from a prebuilt machine that was returned or unsold or something, which is why there are so many of them listed.

But IMO, it's likely either fake, or very very close to death. It's also possible they're quality control rejects from the factory as well. Either way, I wouldn't buy it.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They seem to be Chinese manufactured. Be wary. Buying old 960 chips en masse may be cheap, so nameless manufacturers can get in the market pretty cheap.. But that price is looooow.

I'm actually surprised nobody here has pointed out that they're unbranded cards and what that means.

So, there's no official support for it.. And unless the seller decides to accept returns for defects after 30 days? You'll be SOL should anything happen.

My biggest concern would be cooling. Not so much whether it's a 960 or not.. I actually have little doubts about that.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao. They are Chinese knockoffs. China has been trying to copy electronics for years, but they only looks like the real thing in the picture because they used a real one as the image.

When you get it, it will not be a real GTX960, and it will perform probably worse then integrated graphics.

Do NOT trust Chinese knockoffs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment