Hacking Are there/Will there be WADs for DLC?

pnut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, since I'm new to the whole HOmebrew scene, I was wondering if DLC for Rock Band and/or Guitar Hero can be transferred to the SD card. If so, has anyone been able to make them available to install using a Wad Manager or something similar?

I haven't seen any DLC files on the newsgroups nor I don't think I saw anything DLC related in the releases section is why I am asking.

Thanks!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Band has no DLC, I think Rock Band 2 will though
GH:WT can load songs from SD card but I don't think any have been released just yet.

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a Mega Man 9 NTSC DLC wad with nearly all DLC on it.

It is separated from the original wad. You install it like a normal wad file and it will give you the DLC save file instead of a channel.

It isn't an official scene release though, it might be a little hard to find.

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are they actually WADs? The GHWT DLC is stored as a savefile, and because of the limitations of the savegame extractor (requires the game disc) you can't currently extract them by normal means. Which is a shame because custom DLC would probably be possible on the Wii.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will there be DLC wads?

well, you're in luck.

I can see all things, present future and past.

I say....the answer is....

....apricot.

ERRORerrorERRORerror

siggy2guitar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is 100% possible through the softmod, we just need someone smart to findout how
lecture.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HisshouBuraiKen said:
Does that just give you a content.bin or the same file set as the savegame extractor? I haven't messed with geckoos at all.

it give you the same basic files as any other regular save, it just copies "uncopyable" ones, and removes their protection in the process, so they may be copied back

also, there is an entire folder in the wii fs devoted to stuff we'd classify as "DLC"

its just that not much is devoted there yet.

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
will there be DLC wads?

well, you're in luck.

I can see all things, present future and past.

I say....the answer is....

....apricot.

ERRORerrorERRORerror

Hmm... I like this guy

And to your question, it's probable

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did a little work with this, by dumping the file system, and getting the title and tmd and stuff like that so as soon as somebody figures out how to repack all this we should be good

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure, but I think the "ticket IDs" are stored in a GHWT save file, so that you can redownload it, or is it in the WSC? If it is in the save file, practically, someone could upload their save with some DLC, but the more I think about it, the less practical it sounds.

But on the SD card it's in .bin files.

@mrwulff: You have the files already? Use wadpacker... Or is it different...?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex said:
I'm not sure, but I think the "ticket IDs" are stored in a GHWT save file, so that you can redownload it, or is it in the WSC? If it is in the save file, practically, someone could upload their save with some DLC, but the more I think about it, the less practical it sounds.

But on the SD card it's in .bin files.

I already began to answer this question here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113...t&p=1512103

but now, I'll be more thorough.

A) There already are DLC wads
B) There already are DLC saves

C) If it is something already on the disc, it'll likely be "Pay4SaveConent" and will require only save-file
D) If is is something requiring more data to be DLed, it will be stored in the proper formats to pack a wad, aka: "TRUE DLC"

E) It is entirely possible, and likely, that it will almost always or often require BOTH an "unlocked save" and a "DLC wad".... a sort of "hybrid-access"
I believe this was the case to get ALL DLC working for FFCC: MLaaK

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mrwulff said:
i did a little work with this, by dumping the file system, and getting the title and tmd and stuff like that so as soon as somebody figures out how to repack all this we should be good

I was thinking that dumping the nand would do the trick. I assume they can be repacked in the same way Waninkoko's savegame installer works, by installing back to the content to the correct folder in the NAND. The problem is the current homebrew utilities out there don't support that function. Is there anything out there that can repack the files into an installable content.bin (I assume not)?

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex said:
ive tried every wad packer there is right now, and the only one that comes close is trent_fox's wadpacker, and that gives me an error of 4001, saying that i do not have all of the files required. supposedly in order for you to pack wads with dlc, such as megaman, you need to have all the dlc before wadpackers realize it is a valid wad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: