Are there any ways to cheat on 3DS games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Silvermistshadow, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Silvermistshadow
    OP

Silvermistshadow Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2011
    United States
    I've been wandering around here for a while and all I can find is homebrew and stuff about ROMs. I found a way to cheat on the PSP in its own hacking subforum, so I figured I'd find it here too. I will acknowledge that custom firmware was necessary to use the cheat software for the PSP, but so far I haven't found a single thing here about it, so I'm reluctant to install anything that I can't confirm will even help me get to my goal here. Just to be sure everyone knows what I'm talking about, I'm looking for cheat software specifically for 3DS games. Stuff for DS games already exists, but I'm fairly certain that it doesn't work with 3DS games, even if the devices can be used on a 3DS.

Thanks for your consideration.

2. gameandmatch

gameandmatch GBAtemp Fan

Apr 29, 2009
    United States
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    No. The 3ds hasn't been "hacked" ( a team did find a way to make a flashcart to play 3ds games but it can only hold one game per microsd) and there are no software that can be used.

3. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    chartube12 and Tattorack like this.
  4. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Nope. But with Gateway hopefully coming soon, maybe more people will put some effort into cracking the 3DS, and we may see devices capable of cheating (and other things) over the next few months/year.

5. xym814

xym814 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2011
    Switzerland
  6. hiroakihsu

hiroakihsu SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD

Aug 10, 2003
    United States
    On the edge of my seat

Not to mention Pro Action Save Tool from Datel (again for Japanese region games only) that's coming out in August as well...

7. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    All cheaters need to have their equipment hacked hacked. Preferably using an axe...

SaintTsubasa likes this.
  8. Thorhian

Thorhian My CPU's prefer Water

May 23, 2012
    United States
    Shazezar
    That awkward moment that you realize you can cheat on a 3DS (via RAM editing).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neimod/8078325837/

However, I dare you to make a RAM simulation board to do it XD So no, you can't cheat on your 3DS unless you are actually somesort of computer/ and or electrical engineer that also has computer programming experience. A public hack is not available right now on the 3DS, and the kernal exploit was fixed in the 5.X firmware (but not the VERY easily patched, if found by Nintendo, save exploit to get into userland ROP access), so you can't install anything that could help you in your desire to cheat.

9. Silvermistshadow
    OP

Silvermistshadow Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2011
    United States
    Well, I do know how to look for values I want to change if I have some way of sifting through the data with anything more advanced than my eyes. Of course, the difficulty of that can change depending on whether or not I know what kind of data I'm looking for. Sometimes HP is just a 4-byte number as far as you can tell, but it's actually a floating point number. Just figuring out what you're looking for can be challenging enough in some cases.

10. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    There is a way to cheat in any game, even on non-hacked systems. What you have to do is concentrate really hard and keep pressing the buttons, and eventually the game will glitch out and you suddenly don't suck any more. It's called the 'Practise Code' and it's been around in games before even the legendary Konami Code. Give it a try sometime. I'd never get through a lot of my games without it.