Are permanent CFW installations in the works?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Dork, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Dork
    OP

Dork Newbie

At this point in time, are there any developments being made for the Wii U such as actually installing CFW to NAND as opposed to running a DS VC exploit after boot to apply sigpatches every launch?

Is CBHC the closest we will ever get in terms of a "permanent" mod?

2. HugaTheFox

HugaTheFox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2017
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Most likely for now CBHC is the most permanent

3. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    I'm pretty sure not, mostly because nobody homebrew-wise cares about the Wii U, mostly because the Switch. God i hate that console almost as much as i started to hate the original Wii.

NoNAND likes this.
  4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I love the console. The controllers suck though. At least the two that come with it. I like the pro controller

5. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    The idea is interesting at least but i rather have a console at home at all times and take my handheld with me when im going out, i don't see it nessesary to combine a home console with a handheld one.

6. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Currently? No.
    In future? no.
    Will we ever get it? no.

7. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    The real question is are any devs even working on the Wii u anymore? Answer afaim is no, at least not actively.

8. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Most of good devs just stopped doing anything, but some still are developing random apps secretly.

9. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    You lot underestimate derrek's ego the people working on this who just don't advertise it basically everything
    (hmm...)

Maybe you should all lay off the pessimism. Then again, I've been saying this for actual years at this point and nothing has changed. How about August 2016? Just swap "IOSU" with whatever it is this time.

Honestly. I'm really getting sick of the immediate and relentless "scene is dead, devs abadoned us, everything sucks" response to any question related to the Wii U's state of affairs. I saw the exact same thing not even one week ago in response to "Has anything happened to RetroArch post-Switch?" despite the myriad of things that's happened post-Switch. It's constant, it's everywhere and it sure does wonders for the devs you have left!

I could go on, but I'll save you the rant. It's not like anything will change anyway.

10. PandaOnSmack

PandaOnSmack GBAtemp Fan

Nov 3, 2015
    People are just bitter and want to vent. What we had with the original Wii would be nice but at least we have a decent solid current solution for Wii U. All I wanted to do was ram hack games like with the original gecko so I'm happy.